VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering to PC Hard Drive

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12

Rendering to PC Hard Drive was created by 123DAC

Posted 30 Nov 2015 03:57 #1
I have successfully rendered a project to use with DVD Architect to produce a Blu ray disk and no problems. I now what to render the same project to transfer to my hard drive on my PC. Had a go and got a brilliant "Silent Movie". Do I have to render the project twice to get sound. If so will the pc just combine the video and audio to produce a "talking picture" file ? (what file extension will it use?) If I do have to render it twice what settings would you recommend as once I have got a completed version on my hard drive I then want to transfer the file to my PS3. Hope this makes sense, it does to me but I can't guarantee it will to others!
by 123DAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by easyrider on topic Rendering to PC Hard Drive

Posted 30 Nov 2015 07:23 #2
If I am reading you correctly, you have already rendered the project. It is on your hard drive now. However it is in 2 parts, video and sound. See if you can drag the video and then the sound file to the ps..... See if that works.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Rendering to PC Hard Drive

Posted 30 Nov 2015 08:11 #3
Have you tried rendering as an MP4 file? If SMS version 13, go Make Movie, Save it to my hard drive, Advanced options, MainConcept AVC/AAC, then pick out the template on the right that best suits, such as Internet HD 1080p, or Internet HD 720p. If version 12 or older, go Project, Render As, then follow as in version 13 above. If you leave all the defaults in the template, the audio will be included in your video file.

Of course there is a lot more to it, but that should give you some favorable results.

When the sun comes up on the big island, I'm sure Derek will add much more help.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering to PC Hard Drive

Posted 30 Nov 2015 09:16 #4
Eagle Six has supplied the solution.

123DAC - When you prepare/render video and audio in Movie Studio Platinum for use in DVD Architect, the video and audio files are always rendered separately. After you import the video file into DVD Architect, the program automatically imports the associated audio file you rendered, so that you hear sound when playing the video in DVDA. Because these separate files only work together inside of DVDA, you need to also render to a different format as Eagle Six has explained.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by 123DAC on topic Rendering to PC Hard Drive

Posted 30 Nov 2015 21:49 #5
Many thanks for the response I will give it a try. I did manage to cobble together a workable version usinf Any video converter and Movavi but your solution is a lot less hassle
by 123DAC
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by Boydbob on topic Rendering to PC Hard Drive

Posted 01 Dec 2015 04:33 #6
I was also getting very frustrated trying to save a video with audio to my hard drive.
I have a Focusrite Scarlett Uno for default playback, and an RME Babyface for other things.

Movie Studio 12 was using the Scarlett, but it wasn't releasing it, even after I closed Movie Studio.
I had to go into Control Panel, and select and test the Scarlett every time, to get it to work.

My solution was simply to set Movie Studio 12 to use the RME and that eliminated the problem.
by Boydbob

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds