VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Exporting at Level 5.1

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Exporting at Level 5.1

Posted 16 Jan 2016 04:32 #11
Thanks for the update Archlich,

I took a sample ProRes 422HQ file and sent it through TEncoder with the output as ProRes HQ.mov. I took that file into SMS13P and rendered out as DNxHD220X (10 bit).mov. I placed the original file, the encode TEncoder file and the rendered DNxHD220X file back into SMS13P, and really can't tell the difference.

Using the TEncoder to produce ProResHQ doesn't appear to adversely effect the quality. Using the DNxHD220X codec to render your "half-edited episode fragments" doesn't appear to adversely effect the quality.

You already have the TEncoder. You may not have the Avid DNxHD codec or template in SMS13P. If not here is an article explaining how to set it up. John Refrano Avid DNxHD Template . This works in Vegas or Movie Studio Platinum.

I have read on other forums that ProRes.mov and DNxHD.mov may not behave well in SMS13P or Vegas, when placing a lot of events on the timeline. As yet I haven't experienced this issue. Maybe I just haven't added enough events on the timeline. But, this may provide you with the solution you seek, or help find it.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archlich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Archlich on topic Exporting at Level 5.1

Posted 16 Jan 2016 06:45 #12
Thank you so much! Now if I could just write a half decent script.. :side:
Ego svm post mortem.
Ego svm vltra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.816 seconds