VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering a mixed footage timeline for Blu-ray disc??

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Rendering a mixed footage timeline for Blu-ray disc??

Posted 12 Jan 2016 03:20 #11
Oh, that pesky 'disable resample'! I have several post-it notes on my keyboard and bottom of my monitor to remind me of those items I should periodically perform or items needing to be checked often. 3 months ago I finally had to post-it note 'Disable Resample'. I would be embarrassed to count up the times I neglected to disable resampling before hitting the render button!

The post-it command I have is: Track-select all, right click, h, d
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Rendering a mixed footage timeline for Blu-ray disc??

Posted 13 Jan 2016 11:58 #12
Sorry to bother you yet again Dereck. Although I have made a successful BD disc to 1280x720 50p by taking the rendered file and opening DVDA click File/New/single movie/Blu-ray disc/1280x720 50p/PCM click OK and place rendered file on 'Untitled etc etc. If I go the route of Make movie/DVD or Blu-ray disc/Blu-ray disc and set up the file paths etc and render setting correctly the whole render is carried out then it fails at the end at prepare disc. I enclose a few pictures of the relevant screens. I don't know what an IPC port is or why it can't be found any help appreciated?? :unsure:

Attachments:

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering a mixed footage timeline for Blu-ray disc??

Posted 13 Jan 2016 12:39 #13
I don't know what would cause this error :?
Maybe it is because you are using a Custom template ?
Make sure that the File Path ends with a file name ending in example.iso

A quick Google search reveals other people experiencing the same problem.
One person said they got it to work by first using Render Image Only and then going back in and selecting Burn existing image file.

I never use this method and always render out all files manually and then burn the disc with DVD Architect.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:13 Jan 2016 12:40 by DoctorZen

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Rendering a mixed footage timeline for Blu-ray disc??

Posted 16 Jan 2016 12:58 #14
One thing I have noticed and have not been able to fix is, transferring chapters. You finish the project and render & save to your hard drive, that's all good. Open DVDA5 and right click the 'untitled' icon on the 'project overview' area & 'insert media' the chapters don't seem to transfer. They always did when I used to render to the Make movie / Blu-ray disc with menu/ ticked 'Include chapter markers' & render, then after the auto transfer to DVDA5 it retained the chapters. Can you help?
Last Edit:16 Jan 2016 12:59 by Eagle eye.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering a mixed footage timeline for Blu-ray disc??

Posted 16 Jan 2016 13:17 #15
When rendering video with Movie Studio Platinum 13, some of the extra settings are hidden underneath TWO drop down triangles at top of Render As window. Press Render Options and here is where you tell the program to Save Project Markers.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Jan 2016 13:17 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 16 Jan 2016 14:42 #16
Thanks Dereck I knew that setting had to be somewhere feel a little silly at it being so obvious though, cheers.

Posted 16 Jan 2016 15:07 #17
It tricked me to when I first started using v13 :silly:

Here is another insiders tip :idea:
Drop the c in my name - I spell it Derek :wink:

Posted 16 Jan 2016 15:49 #18
Will do Derek.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Rendering a mixed footage timeline for Blu-ray disc??

Posted 26 Mar 2016 02:07 #19
Hi Eagle Eye,

I too had similar problems when trying to burn a disc with DVDA (I use both Pro 6 and Studio 5 on separate machines). Though checking to ensure that the disc size I put into the burner was appropriate for the output size from DVDA, I would at times get similar burn errors. I did notice that you had the burn speed at "2X", which is a big plus. So having tried the internet route, resetting the cache files for MSP13/VP12, DVDA/P, would still have intermittent issues. One thing that has helped with burning is not to change the default paths that DVDA wants to use for burn path/renders/pre-renders, etc. I know, in this day and age and even with Sony MSP13/VP12, it should not be an issue. I was getting so frustrated at times, still not sure how my computer is still in one piece (slight Irish temper? :blink: ). Hopefully with the great help from both "The Doctor" (Derek) and Eagle Six (George), you have gotten some discs burned successfully. Good Luck and Happy Editing!

Mike
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.907 seconds