VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Preview looks fine - Rendered video showing 'flash' clips?

Hello.

When editing my video I have many clips cut right at the point before a scene switch. They look fine in the video preview, but once I render the video many of these clips are a half second longer, creating quick flashes of the next scene before the next clip. This has happened with more than one video, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I'm fairly new to the software, and this is my first time looking for help, so I apologize if I left out pertinent information. Let me know. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Preview looks fine - Rendered video showing 'flash' clips?

Posted 28 Jan 2016 01:59 #2
Hi Orangepeelqueen

For accurate cuts to a video clip, you may need to zoom right in on the timeline, so that you are viewing the Frame by Frame level of the video.
Use the wheel on your mouse to do this.

You will know that you have reached the frame by frame level, because if you press the right or left arrow keys on your keyboard, you will see the timeline cursor jump from one frame to the next.

Another thing to be careful of when editing video, is to make sure you don't accidentally loop the video back on itself.
If you drag the right or left edge of a video on the timeline and keep dragging, eventually you reach the true end of the video clip and then the video loops back to the beginning and starts all over again. You don't want this to happen!
The true end of any video is marked by a small notch in the top edge of the video.
If you have gone past this point by just a few frames, it create a flashing effect when being played back - so this may be your problem.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Jan 2016 02:00 by DoctorZen

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

So for whatever reason these little flashes were invisible in the preview playback and also when I zoomed in on the timeline... but I found out I can see them when I use the 7 & 9 keys to lock onto the start and end of clips. I was able to find and fix them all this way. :) Rerendering now. Hopefully it actually worked.

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Preview looks fine - Rendered video showing 'flash' clips?

Posted 28 Jan 2016 22:52 #4
The Alt + R or L arrows are the way to move from frame to frame one at a time however far yopu've zoomed in on your Timeline (in Pro at least --- I assume it's the same in Studio).

Richard

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.837 seconds