VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Image over video then control them as one clip?

Image over video then control them as one clip? was created by Filikun

Posted 07 Feb 2016 05:43 #1
Ok so Im getting really frustrated here and I hope you could help me out.

So the background, we are three guys thats playing video games togheter and recording the gameplay to make lets plays. We have our own profile pictures and when we are switching between the vide´s on Movie Studio platinum 13 we want the profile picture to be shown for who the video belongs to.

For example when we are showing my part of the clip my profile picture is showing in the left corner or what ever and when my friends videos is showing, there profile picture is showing.

You can do this by having all three videos and all three pictures in different layers and just fade in and fade them out (composite level). But there must be a way to make them lay on top of the videos so that you dont need to fade both the image and the videos?

I made an example image attached in how I do today but there must be a better way? The only thing I can come up with that would be better is to first take the videos and render them with the image in them and then use the rendered videos to make the complete video but that would take a great lot of time :/

Thanks in advance!
by Filikun
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Image over video then control them as one clip?

Posted 07 Feb 2016 14:44 #2
Hi Filikun

Unfortunately Movie Studio Platinum does not have Mult-Screen Video Editing function like Vegas Pro does, which would make it a lot easier.
I don't know of a way to do what you are asking, however I can suggest something that will help make your job a little easier.

I recommend adding Marker points through the whole project, which indicate when you want to switch to a different video feed.
Add Markers by pressing M on the keyboard.
This will give you the ability to do clean cuts right through all the different track layers.
I advise adding an extra video track at the top which you keep blank while editing.
Use this to drag a loop region between each marker points.
Then you can quickly drag down the Composite Line on every part you want to hide.
This should make it easier and faster to move through the timeline.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds