VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved movie studio 12 platinum suite sound not importing when I import on occasion.

I am having a problem with movie studio 12 platinum suite with sound not importing on occasion. The clips I am importing do have sound. They are all recorded from the same device there is no settings being changed at all but some clips the sound is imported with the video and then some are not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you import a Video and the Audio component is not working, that normally means the Video Codec being used is not supported by Movie Studio.
Where did your video come from ?
A camera, screen recording device/software or file sharing website ?
A lot of videos from file sharing websites use non-standard video codecs.

The solution for the above problems is to either record your original video in a different format/codec or convert the video using video conversion software before you attempt to import the video into Movie Studio.

The only other problem that can sometimes happen on rare occasions, is the audio waveform fails to generate properly on the timeline.
Resetting Movie Studio and deleting the temporary file cache, can often fix this problem.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

DoctorZen wrote: If you import a Video and the Audio component is not working, that normally means the Video Codec being used is not supported by Movie Studio.
Where did your video come from ?
A camera, screen recording device/software or file sharing website ?
A lot of videos from file sharing websites use non-standard video codecs.

The solution for the above problems is to either record your original video in a different format/codec or convert the video using video conversion software before you attempt to import the video into Movie Studio.

The only other problem that can sometimes happen on rare occasions, is the audio waveform fails to generate properly on the timeline.
Resetting Movie Studio and deleting the temporary file cache, can often fix this problem.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Regards
Derek

All recorded video is coming from my Elgato hd 60. Its not a case of Video Codec since some of the clips the sound imports from some videos and not others and hey are all the same settings and I don't change anything. Its just it seems to pick and choose what video it will have sound and what video won't. I have Reset Movie Studio and deleted the temporary file cache as well and it still happens. The thing is I used to have Sony Vegas 11 platinum hd suite and changed to 12 and it happened with 11 as well but not as often. There is a work around but its time consuming where I will import the video to windows movie maker and then into Movie studio.

The problem is not with Movie Studio.
Now that I know you are recording with an Elgato capture device, you need to watch some other videos made by Elgato users.
I do not own an Elgato, so am in the dark, however I believe you need to adjust some settings in the Elgato software.

Watch this video as a starting point.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

DoctorZen wrote: The problem is not with Movie Studio.
Now that I know you are recording with an Elgato capture device, you need to watch some other videos made by Elgato users.
I do not own an Elgato, so am in the dark, however I believe you need to adjust some settings in the Elgato software.

Watch this video as a starting point.

I have that already done because I thought it was my elgato and I spent a long time searching youtube and I worked with elgato customer support and everything. The thing is it happened even with just the regular elgato HD that didn't use the mp4. I don't actually use the elgato editor to do that anyway. It automatically installs into my hard drive and the problem dose not always happen only occasionally but its frustrating. I have come to the conclusion it is movie studio since it was happening not only with the elgato HD but also with the HD 60 as well and I would have to use windows movie maker to get the sound but have not figured out what it causing it.
Last Edit:12 Feb 2016 06:15 by Truffleshuffle03

This might be related to a bug indeed in Movie Studio Platinum. On our local forum someone complained about audio (in his case, from a Samsung camera file, and MSP 13) not importing properly. The SCS support gave him the following response:
"Thank you for writing back.
I did a little more digging and this does appear to be a known issue. We are currently trying to address it and it will most likely be fixed in an update to the software, but for now, taking the file through another software and rerending it is the only work around for this issue that we have available.
"

You might note though that MSP version 12 will not get updates any more.
Last Edit:12 Feb 2016 08:24 by vkmast

I don't own an Elgato, so I cannot experiment with the files it creates.
Make sure you have your Project Property Audio settings, set correctly.
If your videos are recorded in Stereo Audio, make sure Movie Studio is also set to Stereo Audio.
If your videos are recorded in 5.1 Surround Sound, make sure Movie Studio is also set to 5.1 Surround Sound.
If you record in Stereo, but set MS to 5.1 Surround, the audio will not work properly and vice versa.

Many of these Game Capture Devices/Programs, have unusual Audio Recording Modes, which is most likely what is causing the problem.

vkmast wrote:

This might be related to a bug indeed in Movie Studio Platinum. On our local forum someone complained about audio (in his case, from a Samsung camera file, and MSP 13) not importing properly.

The problem with some Samsung camera files is specific only to some Samsung camera files.
It is not a general problem with other types of video files.
Last Edit:12 Feb 2016 13:52 by DoctorZen

Sorry I have not replied back for a while. I have been dealing with personal stuff and I have upgraded to Vegas pro 13 as well. I have not noticed the issue yet using pro 13 but it still happens with my movie studio 12. I kept 12 as a backup and I sometimes still use it on occasion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.780 seconds