VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved No audio in rendered project

• ERicJ
  • ERicJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

No audio in rendered project was created by ERicJ

Posted 14 Mar 2016 12:28 #1
Movie Studio Platinum V13 Build 955 on Win7 box.
1h35m project that takes five hours to render to 8GB .mp4 file. The final .mp4 doesn't have any audio. There are two audio tracks imported, one is muted, the other is active. The audio plays fine inside Movie Studio. If I render a very short loop region it does have audio. I'm using the non-Advanced "MP4" selection in the "Make Movie" section.

Any things to try before I just blow another five hours trying to render again?
by ERicJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic No audio in rendered project

Posted 14 Mar 2016 13:07 #2
9 times out of ten when this happens, people have set the Audio Project Properties to 5.1 Surround instead of Stereo.
If you then render to a format that only supports Stereo, the Audio will be missing.

So open the Project Properties and go to Audio tab, then make sure it is set to Stereo and Best.
I would also advise rendering with Advanced Mode by following this tutorial:
How to Render 1080p HD Video in Movie Studio Platinum 13

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• ERicJ
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by ERicJ on topic No audio in rendered project

Posted 14 Mar 2016 13:27 #3
I looked in properties and it's set to "Stereo". Also, if a short loop renders correctly, wouldn't that imply the properties were correct?
by ERicJ

Posted 14 Mar 2016 15:55 #4
I always ask basic questions, even if they sound silly, because experience has taught me to ask those questions, just so I can eliminate the obvious.

Also, if a short loop renders correctly, wouldn't that imply the properties were correct?

Yes you are correct. You are the first person to ever report such a thing before.
Can you please upload a copy of your .vf project file, so that I can look at your timeline and settings. It is a very tiny file and does not contain any video. You can upload it to the forum are email to help (at) moviestudiozen.com. I have an idea and need to see that timeline.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 14 Mar 2016 22:25 #5
There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the project that I can see.
The only thing you could try is to delete Track 5 which is muted the whole way and also delete Track 6 which is completely empty.
Right-click both of these to delete.

I also think I know why your project is taking so long to render.
You have ALL the videos on Track 4 displayed in REVERSE view.

• ERicJ
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 15 Mar 2016 01:24 #6
Re-running the render with the recommended Advanced mode settings yielded a .mp4 with audio this time. No change in any of the tracks.

The Track 4 stuff is supposed to be reverse view. It's a dual GoPro setup with one forward facing and one rear facing and my viewers (family) like it better when the subject in one camera points screen left then the other camera also pans screen left. Example:

My vids took approximately the same amount of time to render before I started doing the reverse vid on one Track/camera. I think that's just a function of my laptop hardware (no GPU).

Thanks for the help again.
by ERicJ

Posted 15 Mar 2016 07:52 #7
I'm glad you finally got a successful render.
Even when I first started using this software in 2008, I have never used the vanilla rendering options and always use Advanced.

Very cool video, now I understand what you are doing :woohoo:

Laptops are not that great for Video Editing, mainly due to the CPU's being a lot slower than Desktop CPUs.

• ERicJ
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 15 Mar 2016 15:30 #8

DoctorZen wrote: Laptops are not that great for Video Editing, mainly due to the CPU's being a lot slower than Desktop CPUs.

Yeah, I know. It's a decent machine (Intel Core i7-2630QM 2GHz w/ 6GB RAM on 64-bit Win7 Home), but can't compete with a nicely decked out desktop.
by ERicJ

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.757 seconds