VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Double Imagery on fast moving items

• Dpach
  • Dpach's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Double Imagery on fast moving items was created by Dpach

Posted 31 Mar 2016 04:29 #1
I am using an SJCam 4000 action (1080p 30fps) cam for snowmobile videos. When I upload the raw videos onto my computer, the video is perfect. I set up the project as an MP4 (want to upload to Youtube, etc) and have the video settings at 1280x720HD 30fps and then render it as MP4 with same 1280x720HD 30fps. I set both video and audio quality to BEST. When rendered, I get a double image of fast moving items like when I pass a tree, post, sign, etc. If you pause the rendered video, you will see the tree/post and there will be a faint double image of the tree/post along side the original image (like seeing double). I have tried rendering in Sony AVC, Internet, and others and still end up with double imagery on fast moving items.

How to I get rid of this double imagery?
Last Edit:20 Apr 2016 18:56 by Dpach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Double Imagery on fast moving items

Posted 03 Apr 2016 02:24 #2
Hi Dpach,

I'm not familiar with the SJCam 4000 Action Cam, however I would start by checking to make sure your project properties are matched to your source video camera files. Then 'Disable Resampling' on all the video events on your timeline. Check to assure your render settings also match your project properties, accept the resolution if you elect to render to 720p.

Please keep in mind YouTube will accept 1080p, actually up to 2160p. Of course 720p will be a smaller file using less bandwidth to upload, but it is not necessary to down rez from 1080p to 720p for YouTube, and those viewing your video can view it at what ever resolution they prefer that is equal to, or less than the resolution you post.

If that doesn't fix it, can you post a screenshot of your project properties and how you are rendering? If you are using an advanced render, perhaps a screen shot of the format and template you are using to render, and finally post the specs of your source video, using the text format from 'Mediainfo'.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.705 seconds