VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Is it possible to output a finished movie to a USB memory stick

Hi, I am sorry if this as been asked before but I cannot find any info but I could have missed it. I wondered if it is possible to put a finished movie onto a USB Memory stick, I have not been asked this before as I normally burn to Blue-Ray disc. I have looked in the prefs on SMS but I cannot see any way so it might not be possible but I'm sure one might know.
Regards,
Vic
Last Edit:24 May 2016 18:48 by VIDEOMANUK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Vic,

The short answer to your question is, Yes. Hope this helps.....

One method I use to view videos on my Sony flat screen TV, was to copy the rendered video to a USB memory stick, then I could play it on my TV without needing to burn a DVD or Bluray disc. Or, of course I could view it on almost any other view device that had a USB port.

The most used render options are MainConcept AVC/AAC, or Sony AVC/MVC, using the appropriate Template to best Match your Source Media and Project Settings.

Just like video viewers such as Quicktime, VLC, Windows Media Player, may not play certain video due to the video format not being recognized by the viewer, certain TV's will only play certain video formats.

My Sony TV is WiFi capable, so I have three methods to view videos. My Bluray/DVD player via disc, from a USB thumb drive (memory stick), or stream it from my computer. I don't use any type of setbox, but that would be another option for those that do.

If you want the video to appear as a menu based Bluary, then that is another story. I've never done that and have no idea how to go about it, or if it can even be done.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:11 Apr 2016 02:17 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thanks for taking your time to answer my question
Vic

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds