VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to select multiple keyframes at the same time.

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

How to select multiple keyframes at the same time. was created by Peter

Posted 27 Apr 2016 09:22 #1
Hi All,
Imagine having a short video clip - then placing an over lay on top that is a .png image of a small circle (with a transparent background).
Using track motion this circle is then animated with keyframes to move across the screen.

Now - having completed that and it is working well - imagine wishing to change the circle for a triangle (a different .png image)!
I have achieved this by selecting a keyframe at a time, removing the circle and replacing with the triangle - but without spending hours individually selecting them one by one, is it possible to select multiple keyframes to replace the circle.
Hope the brains out there have a solution - and understand what I am wanting to achieve (selection of multiple keyframes) to change an image on an overlay.
My powers of description have been proven to be wanting in the past!

Many regards,

Peter
Last Edit:24 May 2016 18:54 by Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic How to select multiple keyframes at the same time.

Posted 27 Apr 2016 18:21 #2
You could hold the Ctrl key and click the keyframes and then right-click the last one and Copy.

But: MSP 13 online Help (F1):"Replacing a media file

Right-click a file in the Project Media window, and choose Replace from the shortcut menu. The Replace Media File dialog is displayed.
In the Replace Media File dialog, select the file that you want to use in place of the current file.
Click the Open button. The file is replaced in the Project Media window, and every occurrence of the event is updated to use the new media file contents.
"

And, if you want to change your image in "midstream", you could edit another event with the other image on another track accordingly and drag it on to the track which has the track-level keyframes.
Last Edit:27 Apr 2016 20:53 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Peter

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Replied by Peter on topic How to select multiple keyframes at the same time.

Posted 28 Apr 2016 10:44 #3
Hi vkmast,

Now the advice that you indicated was very similar to my previous efforts - but with one major and successful difference mentioned by yourself!
Previously I had presumed that it was required to open up the track motion setting box related to the keyframes that were used to set the media and its position.
That was where I was only able to change one keyframe / media at a time.
Whereas - by only selecting the overlay using the media file and simply replacing it with the new file - did replace for every instance. Very pleased!

Saved me hours of work and having proved a principle on the project am now able to insert more appropriate overlay media.

Thank you,
Peter
by Peter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.969 seconds