VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Duplicate Track in One Project to Another

Duplicate Track in One Project to Another was created by frankmlucas

Posted 02 Jun 2016 01:03 #1
I have a project that has a set of tracks with media. Each track has a 'Track Motion' configuration. Is there anyway to duplicate the track media along with its 'Track Motion' from the one project into another? It would save some effort.
Sleep is the best meditation.
Last Edit:02 Jun 2016 01:44 by frankmlucas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Duplicate Track in One Project to Another

Posted 02 Jun 2016 01:44 #2
Hi Frank

If you want to use the same media in different projects, save a special project file with all the settings and media you want to duplicate every time and then always open this "project template" first. Then re-name and save immediately, and then begin to add anything new.

You can also save your Track Motion configurations as a Preset.
Name the preset at top of Track Motion window and then press SAVE button on right.
Next time you create a new project and need to add Track Motion, simply open Track Motion and then select your saved preset from drop down box. Instantly your favourite Track Motion settings will appear.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Jun 2016 01:44 by DoctorZen

Replied by Peter on topic Duplicate Track in One Project to Another

Posted 02 Jun 2016 11:08 #3
Hi Frank,

Slight variation to Derek's reply.

As suggested, save your initial project containing the "track motion" data with a different name - therefore you will have two instances of the same material but under different names.
Derek then mentions adding your new requirements to the renamed project once it has been opened- in my past cases, having opened up the new project, I deleted all the different tracks only leaving the one(s) I needed, then added my new and additional tracks. That allowed me to daisy chain using each previous version as a base for the next one.
I have also in the past created a project with tracking motion - and then rendered it out to a "effectively lossless" codec.
Then continued with the next stage by creating another project that brought in that rendered material as a track - followed by adding more tracks, each with their individual characteristics (in my case - more track motion in another area of the video)
Repeating this process - tracking motion was captured but allowed me to control / contain the keyframing process without issues of interference between the different tracks.
Hope this is of some use and indicates a technique you may wish to use if applicable to your circumstances.

Regards,

Peter
Last Edit:02 Jun 2016 11:12 by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.826 seconds