VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved I'm having problems with finishing the rendering process on platinum 12.

The short story of it all. My graphics card drivers failed so I had to reinstall them after removing them all via safe mode (that was a success) but when I had tried to render a video I had already made in 1080p 30fps using the sony avc template internet 1080p 30fps it gets about close to 70% on a 15min (4mins remaining) and pops up the message movie studios platinum 12 has stopped working (there is no messages or any of the sort included in this error)

I was reading that it might be an error with the .net framework

Any help will do I have been at this for 2 full days now.

By the way, this settings did work prior to my graphics card drivers failing. My computer can handle this rendering process as I have:

I7 processor
geforce 950 graphics card
16gb ram
Last Edit:09 Jun 2016 18:40 by davidprivett32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi David and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

The first thing I recommend you do, is reset the program and clean the temporary files cache.
If you have been having GPU problems, that GPU data set in Movie Studio maybe stale and creating problems.
It is safe to do and will not delete any of your saved projects.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Go to Options/Preferences/Video/GPU Acceleration
Is your Graphics Card turned ON or OFF ?
If it is ON, try turning OFF, then re-boot program and do another render.

Stopping at 70%, could also indicate there is something in your project near the 70% point on timeline, that is the actual problem.
Have you added any Video FX near this point ? If so, which ones ?
Sometimes if you push some Video FX like sharpening too far, it can cause a memory overload which crashes render.

You may also have something corrupted in the actual .vf project file.
The way to fix this involves cloning your existing project into a new project.
You can open a 2nd instance of Movie Studio Platinum at the same time and then Copy & Paste chunks of the timeline into the new project.
Make sure to set up a new project folder and use slightly different file names, so that nothing from old project can pollute new project.
I made a video about this a long time ago here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/82-how-to-copy-media-and-fx-from-one-project-into-another-using-vegas-movie-studio-or-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek (Dr Zen)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:24 Aug 2016 01:17 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.700 seconds