VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Wind Noise Reduction

Wind Noise Reduction was created by pdsmediaservices

Posted 21 Sep 2016 14:02 #1
I recorded video with one of those cheap HD Sony cameras that have no place for an external mic and ended up with all kinds of wind noise that I didn't know about until I re-played the video on the computer. Is there a noise filter in Sound Forge that allows you to eliminate that kind of noise?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Wind Noise Reduction

Posted 21 Sep 2016 15:46 #2
The filters in Sound Forge are no good at removing wind noise, because they end up destroying too much of the good audio you want to keep.

Wind noise is one of the most difficult sounds to try and remove. The best tool to use is a program like Spectral Layers Pro , which converts all the frequencies of an audio recording into a visual output, which can then be "painted out" to remove the specific frequency.

Cyberlink Audio Director and Izotope RX5 also make spectral audio repair software.

You can download the free trial for any of these programs and give them a go. You should be able to find tutorials on YouTube that show how to use them. Import the audio file into program and you will see lines representing different frequencies. Make sure to expand timeline vertically, so you see all layers clearly. Wind Noise should be at lower frequencies. Once you find it, use a brush and select line of frequency, then remove. I have used Cyberlink's Audio Director to successfully remove wind noise from nature recordings I made. 99% of sound was easily removed.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Sep 2016 15:47 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: pdsmediaservices

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.800 seconds