VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Record Track Along With Existing Track

• beau
  • beau's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Record Track Along With Existing Track was created by beau

Posted 30 Aug 2017 22:23 #1
I'm brand new to Audio Studio 12.
How can I play an existing track and record from a microphone, on a new track, while listening to the existing track?

Thanks!
Last Edit:04 Sep 2017 19:19 by beau

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Record Track Along With Existing Track

Posted 04 Sep 2017 19:19 #2
Hi Beau

I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question :blush:
On the day I received your message, I was very busy and then forgot this unanswered message was still here - normally I answer fairly quickly!

As far as I am aware, there is no way to play back a file in Sound Forge 12 and record audio at the same time.

However, there are two alternate methods you could try.

#1. The method I use, is with Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio (works the same in both).
Import your video into Vegas.
Create a new audio track, press Arm for Record button in audio track control box.
Remember to wear headphones!
Press record button (below) and start speaking into your microphone.
I have an old tutorial on how to do this here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/60-how-to-record-audio-direct-to-the-timeline-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-10

After you have made your recording, you could then import it into Sound Forge and do further processing.

#2. Just like Vegas, you can open more than one instance of Vegas or Sound Forge at the same time.
After booting up SF once, boot it up an second time so that your Windows Taskbar looks like this:

In instance one of SF, import your video/audio file you want to play back.
You will need to connect some headphones, so that audio is only heard through headphones.

In instance two of SF, start a New Project and set up Microphone ready for recording.
Go back to instance one of SF and press Spacebar to make video/audio file start playing.
Quickly go to instance two of SF and press Record button and beginning talking.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Sep 2017 19:20 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds