VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Is Sound forge still included in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Suite 16?

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12
Is Sound forge still included in Platinum suite 16? I have been using PS16 for sometime and thought I had written all my serial numbers down , very rarely want to edit music tracks (remove vocals in this instance) used an old serial number from PS12 when trying to access Sound Forge (which came with PS12) ..... invalid. any thoughts?
Last Edit:31 Dec 2020 10:36 by 123DAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Is Sound forge still included in Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16?

Posted 18 Dec 2020 13:14 #2
I'm confused???

Are you talking about Sound Forge Audio Studio for Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 or Vegas Movie Studio Suite 12 ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by 123DAC on topic Is Sound forge still included in Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16?

Posted 18 Dec 2020 20:56 #3
Sorry for the confusion. I am talking about VMSsuite 16 but........ I have a "Red" Sound Forge Icon on my desk top which I assumed ( as I can't remember" was VMS suite 16. . Having looked at my list of passwords I received for that when I purchase it I couldnt find one for Sound Forge . The only one I could find was an old one for VMS Suite 12 ,(this being a physical copy and therefore I had the original documentation, The VMS Suite 16 being a elecronic online purchase. Hope this explains the situation. When I clicked on the Sound Forge icon, I managed to load the track I wanted to edit but when I clicked on "Tools", Vocal Eraser, I was presented with an IZOTROPE login and it was here that I was asked for a password, not finding one in my list of VMSsuite 16 passwords I tried the old one I had for MVSsuite12.
sorry if you are still confused
by 123DAC

Replied by vkmast on topic Is Sound forge still included in Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16?

Posted 20 Dec 2020 03:52 #4
I checked my VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite download manager and it included VEGAS DVD Architect. MAGIX needed to discontinue offering DVD Architect late 2020 and Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 is advertised as the replacement in the current versions of VMS 17 P and S available from MAGIX.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, 123DAC

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Is Sound forge still included in Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16?

Posted 20 Dec 2020 09:58 #5
If you originally bought Vegas Movie Studio Suite 12, that version came with Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.
If the old serial number for Sound Forge is for version 10, you can re-download from Magix and use.
Enter old serial number here and you can download program.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by 123DAC on topic Is Sound forge still included in Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16?

Posted 21 Dec 2020 02:51 #6
Still stuggling I'm afraid , i uninstalled Sound forge and Izotrope on PC ,downloaded new version as you suggested through the link. During the installation process I initially had success in downloading Sound forge studio but not the other compenents, tried several times on last attempt couldn't even load Sound forge as it kept pausing. Any Ideas as to what I need to do to install successfully. Thanking you in anticipation
Last Edit:21 Dec 2020 02:54 by 123DAC

Posted 21 Dec 2020 14:44 #7
If you have successfully installed Sound Forge, but the program will not boot (crashes on splash screen), that probably means you have a 3rd party VST Plugin that is causing Sound Forge to crash.

When you boot up any Audio Editor program, it scans all VST Plugin folders on your computer and installs links to them in each audio editing program (like SF).
Many different audio programs and audio apps, use VST plugins - these are equivalent to OFX video plugins in video editing programs.
If you have a bad VST plugin installed, it can cause SF to fail.

The first thing I recommend you try, is to delete the temporary files cache for Sound Forge.
Just like you do a reset for Vegas, hold down the Shift + CTRL keys and also double click Sound Forge icon to boot program.
Select Delete Cache and Yes in the pop-up window that appears.
Sound Forge will now do a new scan of all VST folders.

Please note there are also 2x different versions of Sound Forge - the 64bit and 32bit versions.
If the 64bit version does not work, try the 32bit, which is normally the safer option on some computers.
64bit version has (64bit) at end of program name - 32bit just says Sound Forge Audio Studio 14.

VST Folders live in various locations.
Here are some typical locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins
C:\Program Files\Vstplugins
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 22 Dec 2020 22:09 #8
Derek , many thanks for the reply, Managed to successfully download download and install Sound forge and its component parts. However I am still having a problem with the Izotope program "Vocal eraser" During the authorisation it asks for a serial number have tried following the authoristion procedures on the Izotope site to no avail, actuallly used the serial number shown on their site in my account still no luck. Perhaps it might be easier if I downloaded Audacity and tried using that.. Thanks for your patience
by 123DAC

Posted 23 Dec 2020 15:15 #9
If you have problems with iZotope, contact their support service.
You will have to let them know exactly where the product came from.
If it is an old product from many years ago, they may not offer any support for it now.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.795 seconds