VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sound Forge Pro 15

Sound Forge Pro 15 was created by midlander

Posted 04 Aug 2021 05:03 #1
Derek
I recently took your advice and upgraded to Vegas Pro 18 Edit from Movie Studio for $99. I now wish I had taken the package that included Sound Forge 15. How do I go about adding Sound Forge to my system and what is the best price to pay.
regards
allan
Last Edit:07 Aug 2021 11:29 by midlander

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sound Forge Pro 15

Posted 04 Aug 2021 07:42 #2
Hi Allan
*I have edited the subject line to "Sound Forge Pro 15" which is the correct name of program.

You have a couple of options:
1. Request a refund and then buy the 2 for 1 deal $249 deal for Vegas Pro 18/19
If Magix will honour a refund and you then buy the $249 package (2 for 1 deal), that is the cheapest way to get Sound Forge Pro - an extra $150.
zen3.me/us-vegas-pro
This gives you Vegas Pro 18 & Sound Forge Pro 14 now, then free upgrade to Vegas Pro 19 when it is released.
I'm not sure if Vegas Pro 19 will include Sound Forge Pro 15 when it released - I'm trying to find that out right now, however there is not a big difference between SF Pro 14 and 15.

2. Stick with Vegas Pro 18 Edit and buy the "Studio" version of Sound Forge, called Sound Forge Audio Studio 15  - this is non-Pro version.
You may qualify for the upgrade price, if you own older versions of Sound Forge Audio Studio. Upgrade price is US $36 - buy New is US $49.

3. Strap your brain into gear, as I try to explain this idea for you!
Sound Forge Pro 14 and 15 both come with an iZotope plugin called RX Elements - I spoke about this in my " VEGAS PRO 18 - version differences " video a few days ago. This is a very powerful audio restoration tool. I personally use this all the time - it's brilliant! If you focus on getting that tool, keep reading for an out of the box idea.

If you decided to get the more basic and cheaper version of Sound Forge (Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 $36 - $49), this does NOT come with RX Elements, but instead comes with Ozone Elements, which is a Mastering tool.
However! iZotope has a SALE on right now, where you can buy the complete Elements Suite package for only $49 (normally $199), which includes Ozone Elements, Nectar Elements, Neutron Elements and RX Elements.
Here is link to iZotope Elements Suite package:  www.izotope.com/en/products/elements-suite.html

If you can understand my complicated explanation, instead of buying Sound Forge Pro right now (Option #1), get Sound Forge Audio Studio 15 and the iZotope Elements pack - that will be less than $100 in total.

I hope I haven't confused you.

If in doubt, do nothing. That is my personal philosophy.
There will always be another deal in the future.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by midlander on topic Sound Forge Pro 15

Posted 04 Aug 2021 20:59 #3
Derek
Your dedication towards your followers seems to know no bounds.The amount of effort and information you put in to your replys is amazing.Top Marks mate !
reading thro the options you have listed I now know I really want to get my hands on RX Elements as I think this tool will help me clean up some poor soundtracks and get rid of unwanted "interuptions"
Do I have to purchase Sound Forge Audio Studio  and then Elements suite to allow IZotope Elements Suite to work or if I purchase Izotope Elements Suit alone will this work on its own without Sound Forge Studio 15
Fron a most appreicative admirer of you web site
allan

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sound Forge Pro 15

Posted 05 Aug 2021 11:20 #4
What I am about to tell you, I will be making for a new tutorial soon - I copied and pasted from my notes.

Most of the iZotope plugins will work inside of Vegas Pro, but sometimes they work better in a dedicated Audio Editor.
An Audio Editor also gives you more space and a bigger Audio timeline, for more accurate control.
They are designed to work inside of an Audio Editor No.1

There are a few tricks you need to know to get iZotope plugins working in Vegas Pro, otherwise they won't automatically show up.

In Vegas Pro, go to Options/Preferences/VST Effects
The first address location will populate automatically, but the 2nd one needs to be set manually.
It is the 2nd VST address that makes most iZotope plugins work in Vegas Pro.
C:\Program Files\VSTplugins\
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\

Remember that if you have to reset Vegas Pro for another reason, you will have to re-do these settings every time!

If you buy Sound Forge Audio Studio, it comes in a 32 bit and 64 bit version.
The reason is because some Audio FX plugins are only 32 bit, however most modern VST's are now 64 bit - so if you don't see an effect in one version, you need to use the other.
When you boot up any version of Sound Forge, it should know exactly where all the VST fx folders are.

Here are the folder locations for Sound Forge Audio Studio:
C:\Program Files\VSTplugins\
C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 14.0\MAGIX Plugins\
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

RX Editor
The main RX Elements spectral editor, works best as a stand alone program.
RX also comes with lots of individual plugins, which you will see in Vegas Pro and Sound Forge.
Inside of Vegas Pro and Sound Forge, you should see a option called RX Connect.
You can also create a program launch icon for your Windows Desktop - this is what I do on my computer.

After all iZotope are installed, go to here:
C:\Program Files\iZotope\RX 8 Audio Editor\win64
Please note I have the more advanced version of RX installed now, so your program path maybe a bit different!
Inside of the above folder, you should find iZotope RX Audio Editor.exe
Right-click and go to Send To/Desktop

Sound Forge Plug-in List
You need to open an audio file, for most menus to work!
If you don't see plug-ins in lists and folders, select FX Favourites - Recreate by Plug-in Name

Please note I have more plug-ins and more advanced versions installed!!!

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:05 Aug 2021 11:22 by DoctorZen

Replied by midlander on topic Sound Forge Pro 15

Posted 06 Aug 2021 19:18 #5
Derek
Great looking forward to that
Allan
Last Edit:07 Aug 2021 11:29 by midlander

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.043 seconds