VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Adjusting base and treble

Adjusting base and treble was created by MrGrunthunter

Posted 13 Dec 2015 13:00 #1
I'm wanting to reduce the amount of base in my video narration. Does anyone know how to do that in SoundForge. I have the Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum Suite. I know I'm getting some of this because I'm in a small, not very acoustic friendly, room. I'm recording with a Zoom Hi audio recorder.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Adjusting base and treble

Posted 13 Dec 2015 17:04 #2
Apply a basic Graphic Equalizer and then you can use the sliders to decrease/increased particular frequencies.

Go to Process (top menu) - EQ - Graphic.

I am actually mucking around with Sound Forge myself right now.
Here is a little trick you can do, that will show every single available and compatible Audio Effect on your computer in Sound Forge.
Once you do this, go to FX Favorites - Sony and you should see a decent list.

Resetting the program seems to find all available FX.
Do this:
Turn Sound Forge Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.

D.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Adjusting base and treble

Posted 14 Dec 2015 01:58 #3

DoctorZen wrote: Apply a basic Graphic Equalizer and then you can use the sliders to decrease/increased particular frequencies.

Go to Process (top menu) - EQ - Graphic.

I am actually mucking around with Sound Forge myself right now.
Here is a little trick you can do, that will show every single available and compatible Audio Effect on your computer in Sound Forge.
Once you do this, go to FX Favorites - Sony and you should see a decent list.

Resetting the program seems to find all available FX.
Do this:
Turn Sound Forge Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.

D.

Your 'little trick' worked perfect Derek. Strange thing though, the Equalizer will pop up but you can't make adjustments real time while you are playing the audio. You have to guess at an adjustment and then hit play again and when you do that the Equalizer drops off the screen. Strange, and very awkward, way to have to make adjustments. If you're not satisfied then you have to undo what you did and start all over. You can't just reopen the Equalizer and make more adjustments because you'll just be making new adjustments on top of your previous adjustments. Have you found a way to make adjustments real time while you're listening to the audio?

FOLLOW UP: Well, I was a little quick with my comment. Also I was pulling up a more 'brief' equalizer by going to FX favorites, SONY and then EXpress Equalization. Then I noticed you said to go to Process and then Graphic so I did that and a very much more Equalizer popped up. While I had that up I noticed a 'PREVIEW' button that will play the audio while you make adjustments so you can actually hear the results real time. I then went back to the EXpress Equalizer and noticed it had a PREVIEW button also. Now I need to play around with it a little to see if you can adjust only select portions of the audio track at a time. I can't fixe the sound of being in a small room but I can clean up the base so my narration is much clearer.

Thanks a bunch. You have been a tremendous help in solving my problem. GREATLY APPRECIATED !
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070
Last Edit:14 Dec 2015 02:12 by MrGrunthunter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Adjusting base and treble

Posted 14 Dec 2015 13:02 #4
I'm glad you worked out the PREVIEW function :silly: :!: :arrow: :idea: :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Adjusting base and treble

Posted 14 Dec 2015 13:32 #5

DoctorZen wrote: I'm glad you worked out the PREVIEW function :silly: :!: :arrow: :idea: :woohoo:

Yeah, I missed that first few times around :-( but got LUCKY :-)

GTX-1070

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.847 seconds