VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sound Forge Pro 11 Hangs when starting.

Sound Forge Pro 11 Hangs when starting. was created by Ronreimer

Posted 14 Jan 2016 04:41 #1
I purchased an upgrade from SFP10 to SFP11 when it was offered recently at a discount. I am using a Dell 660S computer, with i5 quad core processor 3.2Gz, with an ASUS Silent Series GPU card, and 16 Gig RAM. I am using WIndows 10 which I upgraded from 7 Home Edition.

I held off installing my new SFP11 for 2 1/2 months after my purchase because I was working on a very large project and did not wish to try "changing horses mid-stream." Three to four weeks ago I loaded my upgrade from a disc I ordered from Sony. When loading the page appears with print in a dull instead bright contrast appearance and the page is immediately non responsive (hangs). In fact when I hover on any menu item there is no color response. For the past three weeks I have been in a chat session with SONY about my problem and they have given me all kinds of recommendations ranging from a clean uninstall to going into the registry of the software and making changes, all to no avail. SONY also provided me with an online download to use in place of my disc, also to no avail.

As an experiment I have another computer that I also loaded the software into (much slower) old Toshiba Notebook with Windows 7 Pro at the time I loaded the software and it ran fine, albeit slow. I have since upgraded this computer to Windows 10 Pro and SFP11 still works fine on it.

I have done numerous tests of the Windows software and the hardware on my Dell and everything comes out as working properly. Has anyone else on this forum had a similar experience? If so what did you do to fix the problem? Also ideas would be welcomed, although I have tried many.
RLR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sound Forge Pro 11 Hangs when starting.

Posted 14 Jan 2016 09:27 #2
Hi Ronreimer

Three to four weeks ago I loaded my upgrade from a disc I ordered from Sony. When loading the page appears with print in a dull instead bright contrast appearance and the page is immediately non responsive (hangs).

I am a bit confused by your message. You keep talking about "loading".
Have you actually installed the program yet or is loading referring to the Sound Forge program Installer?
Is your problem that you can't install Sound Forge Pro 11 ?

If you are having problems using any programs on Windows 10 after upgrading, I would strongly recommend that you perform a Clean Install of Windows 10.
This is the only way to get Windows 10 working properly for a lot of people, including myself.
If you only upgrade to Windows 10, all the garbage files from Windows 7 are left behind and cause conflicts.

Another thing that can help some programs to work properly, is to Run as Administrator.
Doing this normally fixes permission problems, which can often stop some programs from working as they should.
Right-click Sound Forge program shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Ronreimer on topic Sound Forge Pro 11 Hangs when starting.

Posted 14 Jan 2016 11:29 #3
I am sorry about the confusion. I am referring to the program installer. I have loaded the program but when I try to open it the program hangs after the main page loads.

In regard to WIndows 10, my computer operated quite well after I installed it (upgrade download), and I am having no problems with the way everything is operating excepting this problem including all of my Sony programs and plug-ins.
RLR

Posted 14 Jan 2016 11:34 #4
Let me explain it differently. I have installed the program into my computer. An icon for the program appears on my desktop. When I click on the icon and the page appears on the screen, it immediately hangs.

Thank you for your patience with me.
RLR

Posted 14 Jan 2016 11:45 #5
One more thing. When I open the program as Administrator the program main page opens for a brief instant in the dark print that it should and then immediately goes into the slightly faded non responding mode.
RLR

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sound Forge Pro 11 Hangs when starting.

Posted 14 Jan 2016 14:01 #6
If you want to fix your problem, you need to do a clean install of Windows 10 - end of story.
This will definitely fix your problem, unless there is something peculiar about Dell computers (that could be the problem and a clean install would fix it).

When you only do the upgrade, too much crap from Windows 7/8.1 is left behind, which is why you are having this problem.
Speak to any computer geek like myself and they will all tell you the same thing - you need to do a clean install after upgrading to Windows 10.
Yes it is a pain to do and will take time, because you have to re-install all your programs and some drivers.
However, a clean install will give you a much better performance and longevity.

I have almost finished writing some new articles about this very topic, which will show you exactly what to do.
I have upgraded 5 computers for different family members and took the time to do a clean install afterwards - everyone's computer is now working perfectly.

After I upgraded the first time, my computer was an absolute mess :sick: :silly: too many programs were doing strange things exactly like you are reporting.

A Clean install is the cure :idea:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Jan 2016 14:03 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.847 seconds