VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Where is the hard limiter?

• duhmez
  • duhmez's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6

Where is the hard limiter? was created by duhmez

Posted 21 Jan 2016 21:14 #1
I loked and looked, SOund Forge 10, to find Hard Limiter. I used it alot with my previous audio app, where is it in Sound Forge?
by duhmez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Where is the hard limiter?

Posted 01 Feb 2016 02:04 #2
Hi Dumez

Sorry for the lengthy delay in responding to your message - somehow I totally missed this post and just found it now.
I will admit that my knowledge on the use of Sound Forge is not as good as Vegas Pro and Movie Studio.

I think the tool you are looking for is called Wave Hammer.
This is a multi purpose effect that can be used as a Compressor, Volume Maximizer and Volume Limiter.
If you go to FX Favorites/Sony, you should find it at the bottom of the list.
It isn't actually included with Sound Forge Audio Studio, but does come with Movie Studio Platinum.
By accessing the tool via the pathway I have shown, you can use it in Sound Forge.
If you press the ? inside of control box, you can read the help file for it.
Then use the Volume Maximizer to limit audio output.

You could also use Effects/Dynamics.

For some reason there has always been a glitch with the Wave Hammer tool and it often does not register properly.
If this happens to you, you will hear an annoying beeping sound - this actually happened to myself.
To remedy this, start Sound Forge As the Administrator and it should work.
Do this by right-clicking Sound Forge quick start icon on desktop.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Feb 2016 02:05 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: duhmez

• duhmez
  • duhmez's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6

Replied by duhmez on topic Where is the hard limiter?

Posted 13 Mar 2016 19:37 #3
Thanks, you are a champ! I dunno if I would have found this! Especially if it did not register. I am truly SHOCKED by the lack of BASIC audio editing feqtures in this crappy SoundForge product. I defy you to show me any audio editor who uses this for productivity!
The bigest thing is it has no multitrack. 10 verisons and they have not figured out multitrack? Every audio editor on Earth requires multitrack, and it seems to me like Sony is pranking us by not including it. Truly inexcusable!

For processing a single audio stream, and working in tandem with vegas sure it has use though.
by duhmez
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.778 seconds