VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro rendering for cinema size screen -top level video AND audio

• Mosaic
  • Mosaic's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm new to Vegas. I'm using it to prepare a video/audio file which will be shown on a large/huge screen at a Conference event - the quality of AUDIO is as important, if not MORE important that the picture/image quality.

Given the size of the potential screen, can anyone advise the best "Project Properties" and "Render As" settings I can use.

Audio is 48000Hz, 24 bit. The video is 1920x1080 with a frame rate of 25.000 (PAL).

I did one text already, and the result was not so great. I rendered using Sony XAVC Intra 1920x1080 -25p. The resulting file was a .MXF file. This opened on my PC using VLC Media Player. The video picture looked OK, but the audio was terrible.

Thanks for any advice.
by Mosaic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Mosaic

Where did the Source Video for this project come from ?
What was the original Bit Rate for Video ?
What was the original Bit Rate for Audio ?

Unless the source video came from a professional grade, high bit rate recording, I would recommend sticking with regular Mainconcept AVC/ACC and use the Internet 1080p template. Using this format and template, you can set your Video Bit Rate and Audio Bit Rate.

It makes sense to use the same or very similar bit rates to what the original video was recorded in.
Some people think that rendering to much high bit rates than the original will increase the quality, but it will not.

I would also recommend using the same Bit Depth (16 Bit or 24 Bit) as the original - increasing this more than the original, also is not a good idea.

A have a tutorial for rendering 1080p 50fps/60fps video you can read/watch here.
Obviously you will be using 25 fps settings and not 50 fps settings, but everything else will be the same.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/544-how-to-render-50p-video-vegas-pro

If you don't know the original details for your source video, you can find out what they are by using this tool here:
mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:24 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mosaic

• Mosaic
  • Mosaic's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the reply Derek. I used the link you gave and the detail on the video is this : its supposed to be used on a big screen - does it look good enough from these stats? Bit depth is 8 bits -- is that not good?

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/mp41)
File size : 448 MiB
Duration : 7 min 33 s
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 8 291 kb/s
©TIM : 00:00:00:00
©TSC : 25
©TSZ : 1

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 7 min 33 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 8 000 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.154
Stream size : 431 MiB (96%)
Language : English
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
by Mosaic

There Audio profile is missing from the readout you copied - only Video data is showing.

8 Mbps is a fairly low Bit Rate for an original video.
8 Bit Colour Depth is standard for everyday video.

My guess is that your original Audio component would be 48,000 Hz and 16 Bits (Bit Depth).
If this is the case, you should keep the Audio Bit Depth the same in your Project Properties and Render Settings.

As I suspected, rendering to Sony XAVC is overkill.
Sony XAVC encodes at 50 Mbps for 1080p video.

If you render to the standard Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p template, your video should turn out as good as the original video.
Just make sure to set the Frame Rate to 25 fps.
I would guess your Audio will be 192,000 kbps or slightly higher.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Jan 2017 23:07 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.015 seconds