VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sony Vegas Pro Vs Adobe Premiere - render times

Sony Vegas Pro Vs Adobe Premiere - render times was created by layarion.

Posted 12 Feb 2017 20:30 #1
i know this is old, but felt it was relevant and generally don't like starting new threads and cluttering google search results.

after rendering a 3 hour 1080@60 video for youtube taking 8 hours to render (sony avc .mp4), i decided it's time to look at Premiere. I don't have a GTX 590, i have a GTX 1070 and would love to actually use it.

i have to ask, if i went out and bought an AMD 290 or whatever their latest card is, could i use it to edit and render 60 frames vids with improved performance?

frankly i mostly would love to keep using vegas, but other things bug me as well. like the lack of zoom on the preview window.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sony Vegas Pro Vs Adobe Premiere - render times

Posted 13 Feb 2017 11:38 #2
Hi layarion.

I have moved your message into a new thread, so that the original poster does not get notifications of our discussion.

A 3 hour 1080-60p video is going to take a long time to render, no matter which program you use.
If you added any Video FX and chains of Video FX, this adds greatly to the render time.

Under normal conditions, it is not unusual for a project to take 2 to 3 times the length of video to render, unless you have a fast 6 or 8 core CPU.
What model CPU are you using ?

General consensus on the official Vegas Pro Forum, is that AMD Radeon Graphics Cards work much better with Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio.
This is because AMD has a much better implementation of OpenCL, compared to Nvidia.

Consistent reports are coming in that AMD RX480 works very, very well in Vegas Pro.
However, if you decide to use Adobe Premier Pro, Nvidia GTX1070 would be a better option.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 23:06 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.034 seconds