VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

• Eagle Six
  • Eagle Six's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!
  • Thank you received: 567

Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro was created by Eagle Six

Posted 20 Mar 2017 02:26 #1
This morning I received an email from Magix, requesting my opinion in a survey how to improve Vegas Pro. Because of Magix's history of sending our emails to some countries and not others, I thought I would post the link here for those who may be interested in taking the time to particpate in their survey and help them gather information. This survey appears to be targeted at US users. This survey expires 03-25-2017 and also includes 3 possible $50 coupon winners. I have no idea if they have sent this out to all US users, or to any other user in other countries.

Survey Vegas Pro
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

Posted 20 Mar 2017 12:54 #2
Hi George,

No, I have not received that survey on either machine I have. Currently, my non-listed computer in profile {which I am on now} has Vegas Pro 14. Did the 13 upgrade last year when Magix was offering it with the "free" move to 14. My listed computer has Vegas Movie Studio 14 Suite, as I purchased the upgrade from a link in our forum, because I never did get any type of e-mail at the computer {have different e-mail accounts on all my computers - goes back to my IT days}. Of course, both computers on Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, 32 or 64 GB RAM, one with i7-5930K, the other i7-5820k {come on Intel, drop those prices on the Broadwell-E 8 and 10 cores danggummit!} I have an MSI GTX 1070, the other is an Asus Strix GTX 980 {personal preference due to other programs I use - Sorry AMD, get Vega out so we can see it quit "stringing" us along!}. Both computers have PCI-E drives for boot, one NVME, the other not. All the other storage internally is on a 960 EVO 1TB, four Samsung 850 EVO SSD's at 500 GB, the other has a couple SSD's at least 500/512 GB and an Intel 600P 1TB mounted on an expansion card. Went this route when I was updating to remove as much sluggishness as possible to keep those Processors "smoking".

I have been following all the issues our Forum Members have been going through, and not sure if it is just my computers, not creating videos as much as everyone else, trying to do those "Gee Whiz-Bang Hollywood style" productions, etc., but both of my versions seem to be working fine. Still the same stupid crap with having to wait for video splash screen after nVidia driver update, but seems to be carried over from past versions. I don't put a lot of audio outside of what I record into my videos, to help lessen the chance of somebody out there claiming a "Copyright Issue", exception of course is our Eric Matyas from SoundImage.

I keep thinking I should post the approximately 35 minute mixed 4K files from a GoPro Hero 3 + Black, GoPro Hero 5, some mixed footage from my Canon 80D and T5i, rendered to a Sony XAVC codec {hoping it would be the worst case scenario}. The GoPro footage was done with the raw .mp4, and the converted .avi in both medium and high {done in GoPro Studio}. For basics and anyone in the forum reading this, look at the computers above, with the footage I mentioned: Rendering was around 2 Hrs. + {except one from the lower end processor, as I thing when I initially moved the footage from one computer to the other, I accidentally "acquired" the pre-render files :( }.

I know you have been waiting to find out what Magix is planning before you "upgrade", and like you I also have Vegas Pro 12 & 13 Suite available to use, use Movie Studio Suite 13 on this computer for quick and small projects; the other has Vegas Movie Studio 13 & 14 Suite only on it, but I still have version 12 in the wings, along with even version 10 collecting dust in the box in my bedroom (friggin old laptop can't handle anything intensive!).

Bit long-winded of a reply, but thought our Members might get some insight.

Thanks George, for being that Zen-Meister #2 Guy for us when Doctor Zen needs to red-charge.

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

• Eagle Six
  • Eagle Six's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!
  • Thank you received: 567

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

Posted 21 Mar 2017 02:26 #3
Hi Mike, Thank You for the kind words.

I signed up to Magix way back shortly after they announced the purchase, maybe that was June/July time frame. I have been getting their emails on my email box, as well as, the net notify on both boxes (Vegas Pro 13 and SMS13P on the production box, and Magix Vegas Pro 13 and Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 on the email box). Going on 1 year and we sill do not have an explanation as to why some get some notifications and others get nothing! It does appear those who are getting the emails are mostly in the US, but through the months there have been reports of US users not and some UK user that have! Most other countries appear to have been totally left out.

Anyway I wanted to post this email primarily for informational purposes. However there may be some users that want to travel at their own risk and take the survey. If Magix actually intently listened to end users, it may be a good turn for their business and development practices. In the spirit of improvement I wanted to pass it along.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Replied by vkmast on topic Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

Posted 21 Mar 2017 03:59 #4
George, I did receive that link to the survey and as you know I'm in a land far far away from the U.S. :) This and Mike's post confirm once again that the databases and logistics of MAGIX are still not up to the standard we've been expecting.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

Posted 25 Mar 2017 18:42 #5
Thank you George for link to survey.
I did not receive this email.

The Magix newsletter debacle, still infuriates me intensely.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 18:42 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

Replied by durrow on topic Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

Posted 11 Apr 2017 09:36 #6
I live in southern Ireland and have been inundated with 'special offers' from Magix at least twice a month. One of the offers looked interesting for a price of only £39.99, so I bought it, specifically for one item i.e. Pro Dad Mercalli, after all one can't expect too much for less than £40. At first glance I found the whole programme to be unnecessarily complicated and too fragmented compared to Vegas. Files are all over the place and simple controls such as changing the default screen colour is crazy. Admittedly I only tried it for a few hours (I had to initialise it 3 times before it ran the Magix repair function and it then ran properly) but if my first impressions are anything to go by, I may well use my option of 13 days return, if not satisfied.
by durrow
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

Posted 16 Apr 2017 14:29 #7
durrow,
I have been using ProDAD Mercalli 4.0 for over a year now and recently downloaded their ProDRENALIN 1.0 and found them to be excellent programs. With that said though I found that they work better as stand alone programs rather then running them from inside of VEGAS PRO. I also have been extremely impressed with their customer support.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by durrow on topic Magix Wants Opinions How to Improve Vegas Pro

Posted 19 Apr 2017 06:44 #8
MrGrunthunter
Thank you for the advice on Mercalli 4. I've also been told this in the last few days by a couple of friends who live in the UK and on all the advise I got, I'll certainly look into the full stand alone version.
Thanks also to Derek for the continuing excellent web site.
durrow
by durrow
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.802 seconds