VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Honest critique and opinions needed

Honest critique and opinions needed was created by jerrysoutdoorsshow

Posted 26 Mar 2017 10:31 #1
Hey all ... I have exactly 3 months experience using sony vegas and filming .. I feel i'm starting to get better but a long way off from being a pro .. I have obligations to produce a tv show and am funded by a lot of sponsors. We had a camera guy/editor ..well quite frankly worked at a snails pace and always seem to have issues that were not show related and it always seem like excuse after excuse.. So I let him go and jumped in with both feet with absolutely no experience .. every time I shoot I get a little bit better then I did before.. With help of you tube and this site I've learned a ton ..but know I have ton more to go .So if you give my clip a short preview and give me your honest opinion on what you see is wrong ..I would appreciate it .. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. ... a run down of equipment I currently have .Canon Vixia hfg 20 , Rode Video pro shotgun mic , Sony Vegas pro 14 .. assorted audio mixers and accessories ... Yes I know it isn't high dollar .. but I need to master this before I get better equipment .. You could buy me a corvette but if don't know how to shift it out of second gear what good would it do me? Thank you for your time ... Jerry .. latest clip
Last Edit:26 Mar 2017 18:37 by jerrysoutdoorsshow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by NJGUY on topic Honest critique and opinions needed

Posted 09 Apr 2017 01:23 #2
Hi Jerry, Watched a few clips.. Love your logo looks nice.. Are you the Hermit Character? I notice your text/titles might need a little work.. It may be the color and look that might look a little on the amateur side.. I also noticed on the Season1 Show2 when you were interviewing the fishing store guy the text on top had a weird shadow.. Usually shadows are not used with pro work.. If so used minimally.. Keep things tight and solid. Also if you can afford to when out doing interviews you may want lapel mics on you and the interviewer it might give you the pro sound.. I love your energy and the way you cover interviews good energy.. A natural.. Just a thought if you don't have a camera man you can use Go Pros.. When filming yourself fishing mount one on the boat aimed at you and have one on your head to film what you are doing and seeing.. Oh the other thing I noticed is your lighting you may need to get one and mount it on a tripod and maybe soften it with a cloth/ maybe use a reflector if needed just make sure nothing is over or under exposed.. I am not a pro either.. But over the years I have been making my own videos and learned along the way.. Nice Show!
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 01:27 by NJGUY
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerrysoutdoorsshow

Replied by jerrysoutdoorsshow on topic Honest critique and opinions needed

Posted 09 Apr 2017 01:38 #3
Thank you for taking the time.. True a good set of lapel mics and receiver are on the shopping list ,, thanks again for your advice
Last Edit:25 Apr 2017 10:13 by jerrysoutdoorsshow

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.755 seconds