VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Best render templates

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Best render templates was created by BobH

Posted 18 Apr 2017 20:35 #1
Hello there,
I often render my video to burn to Blu-ray disc and I was wondering about the best templates to use. At present I usually render the video using the Sony AVC Blu-ray 1920x1080-50i 16 Mbps video stream and the audio using Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro. In DVDA Pro 6.0 the video is fine and does not need rendering but the audio always has to be rendered again, so my first question is what is the best way to render the audio so it does not have to be rendered again in DVDA? My second question is whether as an alternative to render the video using the MainConcept MPEG-2 Blu-ray 1920x1080-50i 25 Mbps video stream template, but I believe this would then require rendering again in DVDA. Any advice or comments appreciated.

Regards
BobH
by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Best render templates

Posted 18 Apr 2017 21:48 #2
From Movie Studio I use the same AVC template but put the bitrate up to the max of 21,999,616. As DVDA doesn't accept Vegas AC3 for some weird reason I export the audio as Wave and let DVDA recompress it to AC3.

If you're happy with only a 16 Mbps bitrate you could use the Sony AVC AVCHD template and include the audio, so you don't have separate files. DVDA accepts the video without recompression but the AC3 audio has the same recompression requirement. This AC3 issue is weird as I've used SD mpg and VOB files with Dolby AC3 from other video editors and the audio wasn't recompressed!
Last Edit:19 Apr 2017 09:29 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best render templates

Posted 19 Apr 2017 17:00 #3
I burn a lot of Blu-ray discs and always render to Mainconcept MPEG2 Blu-ray 1920x1080 25Mbps
I also only render to Sony Wave64 48,000 Hz, 24 Bit, Stereo PCM when making a Blu-ray, because there is no compression.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Apr 2017 17:00 by DoctorZen

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Best render templates

Posted 19 Apr 2017 18:55 #4
Hello Doctor Zen for your reply. After a few problems, you replied to my post on the DVDA forum, I am going to experiment with a few different render options. I will try the Mainconcept MpEG2 Blu-ray 1920x1080 25Mbps as you suggest and also your suggestion for the audio. Off on holiday next week so it might be a while but I will let you know how I get on.
Thanks for your help.
BobH
by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds