VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Saving to Vegas pro 14 - how to set Vegas Pro 14 as default program to use in Windows

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13
I know there is an easy solution to this issue, but I have forgotten what it is!! I have both Vegas Pro 13 and vegas Pro 14 installed on my computer. I now use Vegas Pro 14 all of the time for new projects. However, when I save a project created in Vegas 14 and then try to open it, I see that the Vegas 13 icon comes up and when I try to open the project it says that the project was created in a newer version of Vegas (which it was, ie Vegas 14). I know there is a setting that you can check to ensure that projects are saved using Vegas 14, but I can't remember what I need to check to ensure this. Can anyone help?
Last Edit:25 Apr 2017 09:55 by ilyk49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This setting is controlled by Windows.

Go to Documents and find a Vegas Project that was created with Vegas Pro 14.
Right-click and select Open with

Select More apps

Find Vegas Pro 14 shortcut and select.
Make sure to also select Always use this app to open .veg files

Now Windows will always open .veg files in version 14.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Apr 2017 09:55 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilyk49

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13
Thank you very much. I completely forgot the procedure - it all works now. Thanks again...
Last Edit:25 Apr 2017 09:56 by ilyk49

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.697 seconds