VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VEGAS PRO 15

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

VEGAS PRO 15 was created by BobH

Posted 07 Sep 2017 00:57 #1
Hi all,
Just a few minutes ago I received an e-mail (which went into my junk folder) saying VEGAS PRO 15 was available for $149 to upgrade. Is this spam or what as I thought everything was now called MAGIX? Any comments welcome.

Regards all
BobH
by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Richard Jones on topic VEGAS PRO 15

Posted 07 Sep 2017 03:31 #2
It's called Magic Vegas Pro now and I believe this was probably a genuine offer.

Richard
Last Edit:07 Sep 2017 09:18 by Richard Jones

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic VEGAS PRO 15

Posted 07 Sep 2017 03:36 #3
Interesting Bob. For $149 I could be enticed to upgrade. Just out of curiosity I checked my SPAM inbox and discovered an email dated 9-2-2017 with an upgrade offer to get Movie Studio 14 for $49.99 ( I still have the Platinum 13 suite). I never upgraded it because I purchased the Vegas 13 last year when they offered a free upgrade to 14 within a month. I sure hope the Vegas Pro upgrade for $149 is legit. Please keep us posted if you find out anymore info.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS PRO 15

Posted 07 Sep 2017 09:17 #4

Is this spam or what as I thought everything was now called MAGIX? Any comments welcome.

If you still have this email Bob, can you please forward a copy to me please ?
Send to help@moviestudiozen.com

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic VEGAS PRO 15

Posted 07 Sep 2017 16:49 #5
Hi Derek,

Yes, I will forward the e-mail now.

Bob
by BobH

Posted 07 Sep 2017 17:29 #6
Thanks Bob - I have received the email.
For anyone else reading this thread, the price Bob was offered in the email was in £British Pounds and not $US Dollars.
So the email price is exactly the same as the Vegas website.
For most people, paying in US dollars is cheaper than paying in your own currency.

It looks like Magix is back to it's old tricks, and is not sending emails to ALL users on the Vegas subscription list.
Only some people are receiving promotional emails about Vegas Pro 15.

Personally I haven't received any Vegas Pro 15 emails yet and haven't heard anything about Vegas Movie Studio in a long time, via email.
Then only thing I get is extremely regular emails about Magix products, but nothing Vegas related.
This is very, very disappointing after all the bullshit I went through 9 months ago to get this fixed.
I thought the email problem was fixed, but alas it is back to the way it was before - completely f^&*ked.
The one thing is for sure, I'm not going to bother messaging Magix about this, because it would be a complete waste of time.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Sep 2017 17:30 by DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic VEGAS PRO 15

Posted 07 Sep 2017 19:42 #7

DoctorZen wrote: ---Personally I haven't received any Vegas Pro 15 emails yet and haven't heard anything about Vegas Movie Studio in a long time, via email.
Then only thing I get is extremely regular emails about Magix products, but nothing Vegas related.
This is very, very disappointing after all the bullshit I went through 9 months ago to get this fixed.
I thought the email problem was fixed, but alas it is back to the way it was before - completely f^&*ked.
The one thing is for sure, I'm not going to bother messaging Magix about this, because it would be a complete waste of time.

Derek, could this be the reason?
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/when-vegas-pro-15--106963/#ca662447

I seem to remember having seen later comments there pointing to this as well.
by vkmast

Replied by ericlnz on topic VEGAS PRO 15

Posted 07 Sep 2017 20:30 #8
So vkmast what it means is that if you have the latest version you won't get emails of special offers for that version. Makes sense. I certainly get emails from Magix for product lines I haven't got.
by ericlnz

Replied by vkmast on topic VEGAS PRO 15

Posted 07 Sep 2017 21:33 #9

ericlnz wrote: So vkmast what it means is that if you have the latest version you won't get emails of special offers for that version. Makes sense. I certainly get emails from Magix for product lines I haven't got.

My experiences are similar (at the moment).
by vkmast

Posted 07 Sep 2017 22:54 #10

Derek, could this be the reason?
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/when-vegas-pro-15--106963/#ca662447

That's great detective work vkmast :idea:
However, I have not bought Vegas Pro 15 yet, so that theory is busted if only talking about VP15.

Just like when Vegas Pro 14 was released, it should be a simple courtesy to send at least one email that says a new version is available.
Every other software company I am subscribed to does this and Sony use to as well.
I'm just dumbfounded that this non-consistent behaviour continues. I don't get it.
Last Edit:07 Sep 2017 23:00 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.931 seconds