VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 15 and NewBlue FX

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Vegas Pro 15 and NewBlue FX was created by ilyk49

Posted 28 Oct 2017 14:18 #1
I have VP15, which came with NewBlue FX Filters 5 Ultimate (and a serial number). When I am in Vegas I have tried to use various New Blue transitions which appear under 3rd party transitions. There are a whole bunch of NewBlue transitions that show up. But, when you place them in the time line they have a big red X in the transitions (and the letters FX). The soft ware seems to be activated. Is there a way to get rid of this - or does NewBlue FX Filters 5 Ultimate have nothing to do with transitions? I also still use VP 14 - which has NewBlue transitions and I seem to have no problem using NewBlue transitions in VP14. Can anyone help? Do you now have to purchase NewBlue transitions separately - I certainly did not do this for VP14 - they were there after I installed VP14.
by ilyk49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 15 and NewBlue FX

Posted 28 Oct 2017 14:54 #2
Please take a screen shot showing the list of NBFX transitions that are not activated from the Transitions tab and upload to the forum.

Filters 5 Ultimate has nothing to do with Transitions.
Filters from this package will appear in the Video FX tab and be listed inside of NewBlue Filters folder.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aurelio0002@hotmail.com

• ilyk49
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Vegas Pro 15 and NewBlue FX

Posted 28 Oct 2017 15:29 #3
Hi Greg

Here's a screen shot of the transitions that aren't activated. They all work fine on VP14.

Peter
by ilyk49
Attachments:

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 15 and NewBlue FX

Posted 28 Oct 2017 16:55 #4
Hi Peter

My name is Derek, not Greg. LOL :)

I am guessing the the NBFX Transitions that are not activated in Vegas Pro 15, have come from your Vegas Pro 14 installation.
New Blue FX may have locked these to only work in Vegas Pro 14.

Because of big problems I had on my own computer, when I installed the included New Blue FX that came with Vegas Pro 14, I ended up uninstalling all the included FX and Transitions - so I have no idea how they behave in Vegas Pro 15.

I actually own the complete New Blue Suite of FX called Total FX 5, so don't require the the bonus FX and Transitions that came with VP14 and VP15.
The paid plugins direct from NBFX work perfectly in all versions of Vegas.

Understanding how different versions of the New Blue Titler and different FX work in Vegas Pro 14 and 15 is a complete nightmare.
You may want to read this official post from New Blue on the official Vegas Forums, but be careful. If you muck around with New Blue FX too much, it can cause bigger problems which are hard to un-do.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/newblue-titler-pro-in-vegas-pro-14-updated-information--105034/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• ilyk49
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Vegas Pro 15 and NewBlue FX

Posted 28 Oct 2017 17:57 #5
Oooops - sorry Derek. Not sure why I called you Greg!

Thanks for that info. I may need to invest in Total FX 5.

Cheers
Last Edit:29 Oct 2017 12:38 by ilyk49

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds