VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VEGAS Pro 15 Edit

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

VEGAS Pro 15 Edit was created by pioneer

Posted 25 Nov 2017 03:19 #1
Just a general question, there's an offer on this version at the moment and my budget will match the price I can afford to pay.
Just a couple of questions.
I do not make DVD's so that aspect won't matter. But as I have the latest version of DVD architect already installed would I be able to use that.
I have MSP14 and 12 installed will I be able to use the plugins from those programs in VEGAS Pro 15 Edit?
Is there much of an advantage upgrading to this version?
Sorry to be thick on this, but money is tight and I don't want to waste it.
Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:25 Nov 2017 03:50 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic VEGAS Pro 15 Edit

Posted 25 Nov 2017 09:41 #2
The answer to DVDA is yes. It's a stand alone programme.

As for the plugins maybe. And you may need to fiddle around to get them to work. Some may work others not. My impression is you won't really know until you try.

Any advantage in upgrading? I've not used the Pro versions and find MS more than adequate for my needs despite some shortcomings I encounter. Pro looks very complicated. Looking at Pro Edit's specs what is there that it has which isn't in MS that would make it worthwhile?
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS Pro 15 Edit

Posted 25 Nov 2017 12:11 #3
There will never be a better time to upgrade to Vegas Pro.
The price right now is the best discount Magix will ever offer on Vegas Pro.
For the first time ever, I upgraded to Vegas Pro Edit myself instead of getting Vegas Pro, because I already owned DVD Architect.

There are a lot of small areas in which Vegas Pro has more functionality compared with Vegas Movie Studio (too many to list individually) and there are a few big areas where there are significant differences.

The main differences that make Vegas Pro a superior program. These are all the functions I use on a regular basis.
1. Colour Correction tools - because it has video scopes, you can do accurate colour correction.
2. 3D x, y and z axis movement in the Track Motion tool
3. Support for a large range of 3rd party plugins which do not work with the Movie Studio version. Example: Plural Eyes syncing program.
4. More advanced audio functions/controls
5. More advanced multi-cam support
6. More professional output option formats
7. Native support for Pro-Res codec
8. If you own a Nvidia GPU, you will get faster render times.

I made a comparison video a few years ago, which is still useful today. The difference now, is that there are more differences between the programs.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/512-sony-vegas-pro-12-vs-movie-studio-platinum-12

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Replied by vkmast on topic VEGAS Pro 15 Edit

Posted 25 Nov 2017 21:24 #4
I agree with the good Doc. If you want a more detailed (if a bit outdated as there's more in VP 15 as Doc says) list of differences, check this . Of course VPro aims to be the "Pro" and I suspect there will be even more differences in the future. Still, I agree with EricLNZ as well, as I "find MS [often] more than adequate for my needs despite some shortcomings I encounter."
by vkmast

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Replied by pioneer on topic VEGAS Pro 15 Edit

Posted 25 Nov 2017 21:52 #5
Thanks to all for the advice. After reading them and a good nights sleep I have decided on reflection to put the money aside for the next version of MS as the majority of the time the combination of MSP12 and MSP14 is more than adequate for my needs and not give in to the temptation. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Replied by ericlnz on topic VEGAS Pro 15 Edit

Posted 25 Nov 2017 22:14 #6
Bezier curves for masking which Pro has would be useful as would audio buses. Does Pro provide animation of audio FX at event and track level I wonder? With MS you cannot animate with keyframes any audio FX or volume, other than volume with track envelope.

The other differences appear mainly options that Pros working to time frames and client requirements need. For us amateurs making only a few videos a year and at our own speed we don't have the same requirements. I happily spend hours just playing around. I once estimated I spent maybe 100 hours on a 7 minute video. Mind you a lot of that was on the audio as researching, writing, recording, and tidying up narration takes time.
Last Edit:28 Nov 2017 06:22 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.745 seconds