VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Deleting duplicate files to free up Drive space

To delete duplicates & free up space on my drive, is it best to delete .veg files or .bak files?
Last Edit:11 Feb 2018 14:54 by NashvilleSideStreets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Deleting duplicate files to free up Drive space

Posted 09 Feb 2018 12:01 #2
Don't delete your .veg files, otherwise you will lose your saved projects!
It is OK to delete .bak files, however normally they are very tiny and don't take up much room.

If you are running out of Hard Drive space, I highly recommend you install a free program called CCleaner.
This is a safe and reputable free program to use. I use this on my own computer and it can help remove a large number of temporary junk files in Windows.
www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Here is a screen shot showing which items I mark to regularly clean.
Please note that the options available will depend on what programs you have installed.
Cleaning your Web History and System/Temporary files, will normally free up a lot of space.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by jaydebnilson on topic Deleting duplicate files to free up Drive space

Posted 14 Apr 2018 06:13 #3
I use DuplicateFilesDeleter, very good tool.
It shows all the results of found duplicates and I then decide whether to delete them or not.
Last Edit:14 Apr 2018 15:43 by jaydebnilson

Replied by RobinLee on topic Deleting duplicate files to free up Drive space

Posted 16 Mar 2021 19:45 #4

DoctorZen wrote: Don't delete your .veg files, otherwise you will lose your saved projects!
It is OK to delete .bak files, however normally they are very tiny and don't take up much room.

If you are running out of Hard Drive space, I highly recommend you install a free program called CCleaner.
This is a safe and reputable free program to use. I use this on my own computer and it can help remove a large number of temporary junk files in Windows.
www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Here is a screen shot showing which items I mark to regularly clean.
Please note that the options available will depend on what programs you have installed.
Cleaning your Web History and System/Temporary files, will normally free up a lot of space.

Thanks for this accurate solution. I have fixed my issue from this techloris.com/how-to-free-up-disk-space/   guide.
Last Edit:17 Mar 2021 03:49 by RobinLee

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.716 seconds