VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Ignite Pro or Hitfilm Pro?

Ignite Pro or Hitfilm Pro? was created by den24601

Posted 03 Apr 2018 23:50 #1
Has anyone used both Ignite Pro within Vegas vs Hitfilm Pro standalone? I noticed on Hitfilm's site that some effects like Neon Path don't work in Vegas 14 (and maybe not in Vegas 15 either), but Ignite Pro is on sale now for about $75 less than Hitfilm Pro. Is Ignite Pro a better value, or are users giving up too much functionality? I like the idea of using Ignite Pro in Vegas and not having to learn a different editor, but if it's giving up too much what Hitfilm Pro offers...

Dennis
Last Edit:18 Apr 2018 22:49 by den24601

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Ignite Pro or Hitfilm Pro?

Posted 04 Apr 2018 07:29 #2
I do own Hitfilm Pro and Ignite Pro, but have not upgraded to the newest versions yet.

All Ignite Pro Video FX from the 2016 version, work inside all versions of Vegas.
I have found Hitfilm Ignite Pro FX to be extremely reliable inside of Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum and have never experienced any problems.
I use their Chroma Key FX the most for all my green screen work.

Where on the Hitfilm website does it say that Neon Path does not work in Vegas Pro?
Please provide a link to this information, if it exists.

You can download a free trial for Ignite Pro and test it out before you buy!!!
hitfilm.com/ignite-pro/demo

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by den24601 on topic Ignite Pro or Hitfilm Pro?

Posted 04 Apr 2018 21:52 #3
If you click on the 'learn more' link for Ignite Pro and then click on the far right icon for Magix, it lists those plugins that Vegas does not support. Neon Path was one of them. Per Hitfilm, 169 of 179 are supported in Vegas.

If you were buying today, which would you purchase, or would you buy both?
Dennis

Posted 04 Apr 2018 21:54 #4
...and I did buy Hitfilm Pro yesterday for $199, and am on the fence for Ignite Pro.

Regards,
Dennis

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Ignite Pro or Hitfilm Pro?

Posted 05 Apr 2018 00:55 #5
The last time I upgraded Hitfilm Pro, Ignite Pro came packaged with Hitfilm Pro.

If you mainly do Video Editing only, you would probably just get Ignite Pro to use with Vegas.
If you want to create actual Video Effects that use a Particle Generator, you need to get Hitfilm Pro as well.
If you want to get both, buy Hitfilm Studio - that's what I will be getting when I can afford to upgrade.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 06 Apr 2018 00:02 #6
Thanks, that makes sense. I did consider the Studio version, but it now includes a beta application, which may/may not develop into a complete application during its 1-year update-life. That turned me off.
Regards,
Dennis

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.887 seconds