VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Templates for SD YouTube render

Templates for SD YouTube render was created by den24601

Posted 07 Jun 2018 00:37 #1
I've some old projects originally made for DVDs, just family video/pictures compilations, which I'd like to upload to YouTube. The video is typically:
Video
ID : 0
Format : JPEG
Codec ID : MJPG
Duration : 49 s 0 ms
Bit rate : 9 219 kb/s
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.000
Stream size : 53.8 MiB (99%)
Title : FUJIFILM AVI STREAM 0100

What render settings would give me the best results? I watched your tutorial on widescreen SD. Would that apply to my media?
Thanks,
Dennis
Last Edit:17 Jun 2018 11:45 by den24601

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Templates for SD YouTube render

Posted 07 Jun 2018 13:38 #2
The Mainconcept AVC/AAC format, has pre-made Templates that will be perfect for what you need.

If you are using Vegas Pro 15, you will first have to activate the Mainconcept encoder, because it is turned off due to new Magix AVC encoder.
If you are using Vegas Pro 14 or older, go directly to Render As.

If using Vegas Pro 15, hold the Shift key down and go to Options/Preferences/Internal
Type "avc" into search box.
Set Mainconcept AVC encoder = True
OK
Now go to Render As.

Here are the 2 options you can use.
If video is 16:9 Widescreen, use widescreen template.
If video is 4:3 Aspect Ratio, use standard template.

I also recommend pressing the Customise button and changing the Bit Rate settings for which ever template you use.
Set to something like Maximum=10,000,000 and Average=5,000,000
Also make sure that the Frame Rate matches your Source video frame rate.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Jun 2018 13:40 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by den24601 on topic Templates for SD YouTube render

Posted 07 Jun 2018 22:38 #3
Thank you for the detailed, illustrated instructions! I wasn't aware of shift-preferences in VP15, and am amazed at the depth of personalization available. I saved a modified Mainconcept template, which I will use for re-rendering, future SD 640x480 projects.

Thanks again. You saved me days of trial and error.

Dennis

Replied by den24601 on topic Templates for SD YouTube render

Posted 08 Jun 2018 03:45 #4
Your setting worked perfectly. Looks the same as on the DVD. I'm curious why the Mainconcept encoder was turned off. Do you know why, and should I turn it off again when done?
Dennis

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Templates for SD YouTube render

Posted 08 Jun 2018 11:03 #5

I'm curious why the Mainconcept encoder was turned off. Do you know why, and should I turn it off again when done?

Magix has created a new main encoder for Vegas Pro, called Magix AVC.
This is meant to replace the much old Mainconcept AVC enocder.
The new Magix AVC encoder can utilize modern Nvidia and AMD Radeon graphics cards, to help speed up rendering and provide better Preview Window performance.

The only reason I suggested you turn on the older Mainconcept encoder, is because it has a bigger range of older format templates.
You could copy the settings of these older templates and apply them to a Magic AVC template and then save a new custom template.

It is OK to leave the Mainconcept encoder on, but if you don't want to use it, you can turn it back off.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds