VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea VEGAS Production Pack

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

VEGAS Production Pack was created by BobH

Posted 01 Dec 2018 23:11 #1
Hi all, just had this offer on VEGAS Production Pack:

VEGAS Pro 16
SOUND FORGE PRO 12
Spectral Layers Pro 5
XARA Designer Pro X

All this for £299.

This seems great value but a few questions please:

At present I use VEGAS Pro 15 and Sound Forge Pro 11 and DVDA7.

Which features in VEGAS Pro 16 are really worth the upgrade. I am not a professional and only edit my own movies and VP15 does all I need. I also have Mercalli 4 for video stabilisation so would not need the improved version in VP16.
I do not use Sound Forge a great deal but I like the new spectral layer features, particularly with Spectral Layers 5. I sometimes have wind noise on my video and would this help to make it easier to reduce or remove this unwanted noise?
I am not sure what use I will make of XARA Design Pro X but it might be useful after I learn the features.

All comments welcome as I have until December 12 to take up the offer.
Regards
BobH
by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS Production Pack

Posted 02 Dec 2018 07:01 #2
How did you receive this offer ?
Can you please provide a link to sales page for this offer ?

Thanks.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic VEGAS Production Pack

Posted 02 Dec 2018 10:37 #3
I found this one www.provideocoalition.com/save-1297-on-the-new-all-in-one-creative-suite-vegas-production-pack/
USD 399 for the package.
Looks like loss leader pricing by the retailer (at least).
Last Edit:02 Dec 2018 10:38 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS Production Pack

Posted 02 Dec 2018 16:45 #4

Which features in VEGAS Pro 16 are really worth the upgrade. I am not a professional and only edit my own movies and VP15 does all I need. I also have Mercalli 4 for video stabilisation so would not need the improved version in VP16.
I do not use Sound Forge a great deal but I like the new spectral layer features, particularly with Spectral Layers 5. I sometimes have wind noise on my video and would this help to make it easier to reduce or remove this unwanted noise?
I am not sure what use I will make of XARA Design Pro X but it might be useful after I learn the features.

If you already own Vegas Pro 15, there is probably no significant reason to upgrade to Vegas Pro 16 for the average user.
If I wasn't teaching Vegas, I would not buy every version but instead only upgrade every 2nd or 3rd release.

If you do any Podcasting and/or Voice work, Sound Forge Pro 12 is a very good Audio Editor.

If you often need to repair live audio recordings that contain background noise that needs removing, Spectral Layers Pro 5 is the program to use.
It is one of the most powerful tools you can use for "fixing" bad audio.

I have no personal experience with using XARA Designer Pro X.
If you have your own website and/or make content for the Internet, this is a very powerful tool for content creation.

The £299/$399 price for VEGAS Production Pack is an amazing offer if you would have a need for any of these powerful tools.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 08:43 by DoctorZen

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic VEGAS Production Pack

Posted 02 Dec 2018 21:19 #5
Hi Derek,

I received this email:

Hello Robert,
VEGAS Production Pack is the all-in-one creative suite for your video and audio projects. Edit your films and music with the best titles from the worlds of video, sound and design, all together for an exclusive, special price just for you!
This special creative suite of titles includes:
» VEGAS Pro 16 – This awarding-winning video editing software delivers first-class results at top speed!
» SOUND FORGE Pro 12 – Your go-to tool for film scoring and the industry standard for music production and creating professional masters.
» SpectraLayers Pro 5 – An unbeatable audio-editing and sound-design package that you can both hear and see!
» XARA Designer Pro X – Your one-stop-shop for graphic design, web design, illustrations, image editing and more.
VEGAS Production Pack includes the best software titles from every creative area.
Now get it exclusively for only £299 instead of £1,296
LEARN MORE | BUY NOW

If I click on learn more it takes me to:

www.vegascreativesoftware.com/index.php?id=1182&L=38&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=2018_48_VGppc_vgpro%2Bsfppc%2Bsplay_UPG_GB&utm_content=20181211000000&utm_term=_74244&phash=evsjIArQCjeKD4Js&m_i=dStdvXTeRZ_91AcT9rrr3HHkLKiof01E4IS9rnJg8fTWT2anvMsXyvpymtzqgzz6s8O_Vtq09qdLM9PWH9yXbw7Iq1M7Dq

I hope this helps.

Regards
BobH
by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.747 seconds