VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved RAM usage creeping up while creating projects in Vegas Pro!!

Hey Gang. I've noticed while I'm assembling videos that my ram creeps up until I have to re start Vegas Pro 15.
Is there a way to prevent it from doing that. Takes about an hour each time. Not a really big deal but a bit annoying.
I guess the good part is it makes me get off my butt every so often...LOL

Thanks in advance

John
Last Edit:03 Feb 2019 13:39 by soniceden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic RAM usage creeping up while creating projects in Vegas Pro!!

Posted 03 Feb 2019 13:46 #2
Hi John

This is normal to see RAM usage get bigger while working on Vegas Pro projects.
The more media and video FX you add, the more RAM (memory) will be needed.

Back in the old days, I use to advise that people should have at least 8 GBs of RAM (memory) installed if you were using any type of Video Editing program like Vegas Pro.
Then when more and more people started working with HD 1080p video, I recommended 16 GBs of RAM as the absolute minimum.
Now that a lot of people are working with large 4K video files, I would now recommend 32 GBs of RAM or more...

I built my own computer back in 2011 and am still using it today. It has 16 GBs of RAM.
Like yourself, I re-boot my computer regularly to clear the RAM.
I always re-boot before I render a project, because I have found that this reduces render crashes dramatically!

I am planning to build a new computer this year and will be installing at least 32 GBs of RAM, but will probably install 64 GBs if I can afford it!

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Feb 2019 13:48 by DoctorZen

Replied by soniceden on topic RAM usage creeping up while creating projects in Vegas Pro!!

Posted 03 Feb 2019 13:54 #3
Thanks Derek. Hope you are well my friend.
i found the problem. It was because I was working on a project where I was running 2 Vegas Lut plugins on 4K video.
I had not done that before and when I switched to a different plug for grading the problem went away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic RAM usage creeping up while creating projects in Vegas Pro!!

Posted 03 Feb 2019 14:11 #4

soniceden wrote: Thanks Derek. Hope you are well my friend.
i found the problem. It was because I was working on a project where I was running 2 Vegas Lut plugins on 4K video.
I had not done that before and when I switched to a different plug for grading the problem went away.

Yes! Some Video FX plugins behave like a starving 600 lb man - there is never enough RAM food to satisfy their appetite.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Feb 2019 14:11 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds