VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to crop video that was shot off-centre?

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

How to crop video that was shot off-centre? was created by Michel

Posted 02 Apr 2019 05:57 #1
Hi,

I never done this, usually my videos are framed in the center. I made a video with my wife presuming the camera had us in the center, but we are way to the left of the screen and we do not want to redo this clip that took forever to do.

Can't find something like ''crop and center'' on Youtube

Help would be appreciated...thanks.

Michel
Last Edit:06 Jun 2019 15:21 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How to crop video that was shot off-centre?

Posted 02 Apr 2019 07:27 #2
Hi Michel,

You can use Pan & Crop (on the event level), or Track Motion (on the track level) to move the scene to center it. You can also use either of these tools to enlarge (zoom in) to fill the screen. Of course the more zoom in you use, the less the resolution will remain.

Derek, has some tutorials, as well as, Vegas Pro Index Help can guide you to use.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:02 Apr 2019 10:17 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to crop video that was shot off-centre?

Posted 02 Apr 2019 10:18 #3
Nothing to really add here...
Both Event Pan/Crop or Track Motion will do the job.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic How to crop video that was shot off-centre?

Posted 26 Apr 2019 23:42 #4
Hi,

Weird, I'm not receiving an email anymore informing me that an answer was posted on this site following a problem I submitted.

I must have forgotten about it. I just read your answers (you and Derek) when looking through My Topics...sorry for the delay in posting here.

Thank you for that info George.

Michel
Last Edit:26 Apr 2019 23:55 by Michel

Posted 27 Apr 2019 13:03 #5

Weird, I'm not receiving an email anymore informing me that an answer was posted on this site following a problem I submitted.

Notification emails are working for everyone else on the forum right now.
There was a glitch with this a long time ago, but it has been fixed.

You are in control of which emails you receive from the forum.
There are 2 ways you can control email notifications from the forum.

1. Set to receive all notifications globally in your account settings. If you turn this on, you will automatically be subscribed to all forum posts you participate in.

2. If you don't have emails turned on in your account settings, you can manually subscribe to one forum thread at a time.

3. You can also turn this on/off for each forum post here:

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 29 Apr 2019 01:26 #6
Hi Derek,

I captured what I see when I go to the Menu and click on My Profile. I do not see at all what you are showing me with your examples. In your examples, I see in the title ''Forum settings''...as you can see Derek, I can't find that on my profile. Must be a place I haven't looked in or found...I never touched anything that might have an impact on the settings of the outgoing emails following a posted response to a submitted problem? I'm therefore curious to see in those settings, what is preventing the output of those emails.

I'd appreciate if you could tell me exactly where to go to have the same parameters as you in My Profile...thank you Derek.

Michel
by Michel
Attachments:

Posted 29 Apr 2019 18:40 #7
Please look carefully at the instructions I gave you in these 2 screen shots.

1. Press Login button on forum
2. Select Preferences
3. Select Forum Settings

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 01 May 2019 23:43 #8
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the path to the Profile. I didn't change a thing since it was identical as yours. I did notice that the ''unsubscribe'' term was chosen instead of subscribe? Must have clicked by error during a visit to the forum since I did not receive an email to your recent response. I presume that if you write something like ''it's sowing in Australia'', I might get the email following the correction I just made.

Thanks for the follow up Derek and have a nice one.

Michel
by Michel

Posted 02 May 2019 15:08 #9
This is a reply for Michel.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.868 seconds