VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Bug with the addition of pictures

Bug with the addition of pictures was created by Vertrid

Posted 06 Apr 2019 08:45 #1
Hello. Recently, I reinstalled os win 10. And I reinstalled vegas pro 15. When I create a new project, a bug appears. I add pictures in the png format (other formats are also buggy) from the project on time line and reduce them to the size I need. That they become very muddy and lose their image clarity while strongly pixelated.

This is what happens after the video render.

And so it should be in normal condition.

I tried to load old projects in which everything was fine before the os permutation, but they also began to show distortedly. I do not know why this is happening. I think this is a kind of error in the program. Because of her, things like this happen.

Just two years ago when I first started working in this program. On my first video this bug appeared. It extended not only to the pictures, but also to the video itself. The whole image was becoming muddy. The colors, brightness, clarity of the image changed and were completely not adjusted by the settings. When I started to make a second video of exactly the same video files. Which continued my cycle of video chronicles. Then this bug was gone. All pictures were added and adjusted with normal clarity and detail. And the video was perfectly tuned as I intended.

If anyone has previously encountered a similar problem and knows how to solve it. Then please help me. Since my quest to eliminate this error has reached a dead end...
by Vertrid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Bug with the addition of pictures

Posted 07 Apr 2019 02:05 #2
Hi, Vertrid and Welcome to Movie Studio Zen,

More information about your project may help members determine what will help, such as a screenshot of your project properties, and uploading your project .veg file (which does not include any source media).

Have you tried to turn off GPU acceleration? Go to Options > Preferences > Video tab, change 'GPU acceleration of video processing' to 'Off'.
Best Regards......George

Replied by Vertrid on topic Bug with the addition of pictures

Posted 07 Apr 2019 03:49 #3
Videos recorded using "GeForce Experience ShadowPlay".

Here is information about video sources:

And here the settings when creating a new project

File Attachment:

File Name: HellBladeS2.veg
File Size:24 KB

Yes, I turned off the "GPU acceleration" did not help. I tried to reinstall the program. Started with pressed keys Ctrl + Shift and reset the settings. Nothing helped. I can’t even imagine why this is happening...

If you need more specific information on the project, tell me and I will provide it.
by Vertrid
Attachments:

Posted 07 Apr 2019 04:19 #4
A few questions,

When you did the reset 'Ctrl+Shift', did you also check the box 'Delete all cached application data'?

Your source video (capture) is 'variable frame rate', which often doesn't work well within NLE's like Movie Studio and Vegas Pro. I don't think you can capture 'constant frame rate' within Shadowplay, but if you can I would recommend you to so. If not, there are several handy and free apps you can use to transcode/convert your source media capture to 'constant frame rate' of 59.940 fps.

Can you upload the 2 png files you are using in this project, like you did the .veg project file. I would like to see how they appear on my system and then maybe I can come up with other settings that may help.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:01 Jun 2019 11:46 by Eagle Six

Posted 07 Apr 2019 06:45 #5
Yes, I put a mark opposite "Delete all cached application data" before reset.

As far as I know. Shadowplay records video at a variable frame rate. And audio with constant. Because of this, sometimes a video sync with audio occurs. I learned how to cope with this problem. I understand that the program is designed for professional standards. Television, movies. And it is designed considering the use of special studio equipment. The program does not work correctly with the files that I provide to it. But soon I will have to start a serious and mock project. Documentary chronicle filmed on camera "Canon". And I first need to deal with this glitch in the program...

I forgot to say. I use "VEGAS Pro 15 Edit Steam Edition" maybe it matters.
by Vertrid
Attachments:

Posted 07 Apr 2019 07:30 #6
Hi Vertrid,

Before we go any further with your issue, I'm posting the results I got from your .veg project, using your .png still and my .mp4. I cannot tell any major difference between what I see on the timeline in Vegas Pro 15 and what I see in the rendered file, please take a look and tell me if these results would be satisfactory....

This still is taken from the Vegas Pro 15 timeline.....

This still is a screenshot of the video after I rendered it (note it is not the same frame, but close)....
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vertrid

Posted 08 Apr 2019 00:12 #7
Well on these screenshots it is difficult to say, but I think this is what we need. As I understand they have not lost much in terms of detail?

Today I tried to install Vegas on my brother's computer. And I looked what happens in the end. The final video file turned out without bug. Everything turned out as I wanted. And this means that the program does not like something on my computer. I don’t know that I don’t like the program, but it seems that image artifacts arise because of some technical incompatibility ... I’ll try to find a problem.

But still thank very much for your help. If I have problems, I know where I will turn for help)

And one more question. If it is not a secret, what is this place where you and your friends stand on motorcycles. What is it called and where is it located? This place is quite unusual and beautiful.
by Vertrid

Posted 08 Apr 2019 01:32 #8
Hi Vertrid,

I think you are correct, your project and stills work in my system and your brothers system, so it would stand to reason there is something different in your system that may be causing the conflict. Considering you have already done everything previously suggested, here are a few things I would check if it were me.....

First I would check the build number of my Vegas Pro 15 Edit (go Help > About). The latest build issued by Magix is 416. I'm not familiar with the Steam Edition, but if it works like the version purchased directly from Magix, that build should be available here www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-8-build-416--113806/

If you installed Vegas Pro 13 Edit from a downloaded file you have (or from disc), than mostly likely your brother has the same build as you. If you installed it on your brothers computer from a recent download, he may have the latest build and you may have a previous build. This may not have anything to do with your issue, but the latest build 416 has some nice bug fixes and very stable, so it would be to your advantage regardless the have the latest.

Other differences that I would look at would be the GPU in your computer compared to the GPU in your brothers system. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro (build 1809) and using an AMD R9 390 8GB GPU (driver 25.20.15011.1004). I would check if there is a more recent GPU driver available and if not, I would consider possibly rolling the driver back a version to see if that helps.

Although I have used your .veg project file, and I assume you also used that in your brother system, it would appear there is no problem with your veg file, however it is easy to test and that is what I would do. Simply start a new project and add just the stills first and render them out. If that render is satisfactory then I would add the mp4 file and perform another test render.

If still no improvement, I would look deeper into other differences between your system and your brothers system.

Goo Luck on the investigation and when you find the answer, please post back with the solution so others that may be following this thread will also have a fix. Of course if there is anything else we can do based on your findings, please ask.

Vertrid wrote: And one more question. If it is not a secret, what is this place where you and your friends stand on motorcycles. What is it called and where is it located? This place is quite unusual and beautiful.

This is a pull-off along Big Lake Road which runs from Big Lake to Alpine, Arizona, USA. This is the Three Forks Area. Several years ago a huge forest fire went through this area, and therefore you see the stripped trees in the background. This film was taken 2 years ago and most of the burned outed areas have grown back. This road is closed in the winter and never gets plowed, so the surface is still as smooth as a MotoGP circuit course. During the week when the traffic is light, we place spotters at both ends of a few mile section and use it for our local race track for motorcycles where we can exceed 160 mph on this very fast twisty road (Google 33.854540 -109.316414).
Best Regards......George

Replied by vkmast on topic Bug with the addition of pictures

Posted 08 Apr 2019 03:06 #9

Eagle Six wrote: Hi Vertrid,
First I would check the build number of my Vegas Pro 15 Edit (go Help > About). The latest build issued by Magix is 416. I'm not familiar with the Steam Edition, but if it works like the version purchased directly from Magix, that build should be available here www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-8-build-416--113806/

According to reports on the Magix Vegas forum, "The Steam version can only be updated via Steam."
Last Edit:08 Apr 2019 03:08 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Posted 08 Apr 2019 03:26 #10

vkmast wrote: According to reports on the Magix Vegas forum, "The Steam version can only be updated via Steam."

Thank You vkmast, that is what I thought but wasn't sure and was hoping you could clear that up.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds