VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved I'm having weird glitches in Vegas Pro 16

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

I'm having weird glitches in Vegas Pro 16 was created by Michel

Posted 02 May 2019 01:07 #1
Hi,

I'm having weird glitches in Vegas Pro 16. Recently I wrote on this Forum because Pro would not install default transitions merging my clips/photos. I had to make a reset of Vegas to correct this situation and it did work properly after. Now working with the same reset Version of Pro, I am now working on an incomplete project I just opened. When I click on the FX tab on the clip or photo I not only get the FX window but also the event pan/crop window that is placed underneath the FX window.

I must add that this problem is present with other .veg projects and will also appear if I start a new project and insert a clip and click on the FX tab. I thought that making a new reset to the Pro app. would again solve the problem, but nothing happened.

This is not by any means a dramatic or tragic glitch, I'm simply curious in finding out what provokes this and how to correct it. When I close the FX window after its use, I must close the pan/crop window after? I've DL a clean Version of Pro also to no avail.

Don't stop your lunch to answer this problem, but if anyone would have a solution it would be appreciated...thanks.

Michel.
Last Edit:02 May 2019 15:10 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic I'm having weird glitches in Vegas Pro 16

Posted 02 May 2019 02:47 #2
Hi Michel,

It works the same way for me, I think this is by default. Unless someone else knows a way to turn it off from loading, I'm all ears.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:02 May 2019 15:10 by Eagle Six

Replied by vkmast on topic I'm having weird glitches in Vegas Pro 16

Posted 02 May 2019 08:24 #3
Michel wrote: "When I click on the FX tab on the clip or photo I not only get the FX window but also the event pan/crop window that is placed underneath the FX window."

As Eagle Six commented, that is what we get as default as well. Try dragging the first Video FX preset that you want from the Video FX window to the video event (that is your "clip") on the timeline. Repeat this on all your events that need FX. Then see if the P&C window loads when you add other video event FX.
Last Edit:02 May 2019 15:10 by vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic I'm having weird glitches in Vegas Pro 16

Posted 02 May 2019 15:43 #4
One reason why the Event Pan/Crop window always opens when you apply a Video Effect, is to allow for the effect to be placed before or after Event Pan/Crop is applied. Under certain circumstances, the order FX are applied to Event Pan/Crop does make a difference.

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 May 2019 15:44 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by Michel on topic I'm having weird glitches in Vegas Pro 16

Posted 04 May 2019 08:03 #5
Hi,

Yes you are right I probably never noticed. It's so automatic what we do sometimes. I still have Movie studio active on my desktop and both windows do open on the FX tab. I must be becoming an old man..haha!

Thanks George, VK and Derek, your help is always appreciated.

Michel
by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.966 seconds