VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Will waiting for Vegas 17 upgrade price, be advantageous instead of Vegas 16 upgrade now?

My GTX 960 seems like it is giving up the ghost.
Since I am using an i5 4590 with 24gb DDR3 ( older system ) My gpu upgrade path would probably be GTX 1060-3 or 6 GB.
I understand Vegas Pro 16 works with these newer GPUs?
I am researching this, but most info I find doesn't give Vegas Pro 16 results.

I've noticed, every time a newer version of Vegas Pro comes out, ( so far ) there is a pre release sale,
where you upgrade to the latest, ( in my case, version 14 to 16 ) and when the new version comes out, it's free, so to speak.
But right now, the upgrade price from V pro 14 to 16 ( edit) is only $ 149.
So far, has Magix kept the pre purchase price for upgrade product, at this price?
I can't remember...
I have not bought the GTX 1060 yet. So I will wait if the pre release upgrade price for Vegas 17 is super low.
I understand we just don't know, but what has been the case in the past?
Thank you!
PS Also included with EDIT version is NewBlue Elements 3 Ultimate = full collection , not a "taster". $299.
Last Edit:22 Jun 2019 05:07 by HawaiianEye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HawaiianEye wrote: ... but right now, the upgrade price from V pro 14 to 16 ( edit) is only $ 149.
So far, has Magix kept the pre purchase price for upgrade product, at this price?
I can't remember...

Looking back over the Price Watch Posts (thanks Vkmast), last year the VP Edit upgrade from V14 to VP15 was US$149 with bonus software until late June when the upgrade increased to US$199 with no bonus software bur included free upgrade to VP16. Once VP16 was released upgrade held at US$199 but with bonus software until October. It's alternated between US$149 and US$199 at various intervals since then. No guarantee it will follow the same pattern this year though.
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:22 Jun 2019 11:11 by Robbie

Hi HawaiianEye and Robbie

I have been in hospital for 2 days and just got home last night, so haven't been monitoring the forum.

This maybe too late, but there is also another option worth considering.
Vegas Pro 365 - subscription model is 40% off right now.
Press the Ad at top of this page for direct link to the deal.

When you buy Vegas Pro 365, you have to pay for 12 months in one transaction - not a monthly payment.
At 40% off, Vegas Pro only costs $120 for 12 months access.
If you remember to cancel in the 12 month of the contract, you will not be charged for another 12 months at the regular price.
Vegas Pro 365 gives you access to the current version and any new versions that maybe released in the 12 month period.
This means that if you subscribed today, you will get immediate access to Vegas Pro 17 when it is released before the end of the year.

Magix has slowly been adding the subscription option to many of their programs.
There are some incredible deals and savings to be made when you choose this option.
I try my best to publish the BEST DEALS for VEGAS and MAGIX programs here at Movie Studio Zen.
Often I get access to better deals than what is publicly available - I use special links for these offers on my Deals page.
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:22 Jun 2019 22:43 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie

Thanks Dr Zen. Hope all is well (a wish not a question!)
cheers
Robbie
by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawaiianEye

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.956 seconds