Idea Will waiting for Vegas 17 upgrade price, be advantageous instead of Vegas 16 upgrade now?

  • Posts: 53
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Will waiting for Vegas 17 upgrade price, be advantageous instead of Vegas 16 upgrade now? was created by HawaiianEye

My GTX 960 seems like it is giving up the ghost.
Since I am using an i5 4590 with 24gb DDR3 ( older system ) My gpu upgrade path would probably be GTX 1060-3 or 6 GB.
I understand Vegas Pro 16 works with these newer GPUs?
I am researching this, but most info I find doesn't give Vegas Pro 16 results.

I've noticed, every time a newer version of Vegas Pro comes out, ( so far ) there is a pre release sale,
where you upgrade to the latest, ( in my case, version 14 to 16 ) and when the new version comes out, it's free, so to speak.
But right now, the upgrade price from V pro 14 to 16 ( edit) is only $ 149.
So far, has Magix kept the pre purchase price for upgrade product, at this price?
I can't remember...
I have not bought the GTX 1060 yet. So I will wait if the pre release upgrade price for Vegas 17 is super low.
I understand we just don't know, but what has been the case in the past?
Thank you!
PS Also included with EDIT version is NewBlue Elements 3 Ultimate = full collection , not a "taster". $299.
22 Jun 2019 04:52 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 50
  • Karma: 7
  • Thank you received: 46

Replied by Robbie on topic Will waiting for Vegas 17 upgrade price, be advantageous instead of Vegas 16 upgrade now?

HawaiianEye wrote: ... but right now, the upgrade price from V pro 14 to 16 ( edit) is only $ 149.
So far, has Magix kept the pre purchase price for upgrade product, at this price?
I can't remember...

Looking back over the Price Watch Posts (thanks Vkmast), last year the VP Edit upgrade from V14 to VP15 was US$149 with bonus software until late June when the upgrade increased to US$199 with no bonus software bur included free upgrade to VP16. Once VP16 was released upgrade held at US$199 but with bonus software until October. It's alternated between US$149 and US$199 at various intervals since then. No guarantee it will follow the same pattern this year though.
Cheers, Robbie
22 Jun 2019 10:36 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 3475
  • Karma: 59
  • Thank you received: 1282

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Will waiting for Vegas 17 upgrade price, be advantageous instead of Vegas 16 upgrade now?

Hi HawaiianEye and Robbie

I have been in hospital for 2 days and just got home last night, so haven't been monitoring the forum.

This maybe too late, but there is also another option worth considering.
Vegas Pro 365 - subscription model is 40% off right now.
Press the Ad at top of this page for direct link to the deal.

When you buy Vegas Pro 365, you have to pay for 12 months in one transaction - not a monthly payment.
At 40% off, Vegas Pro only costs $120 for 12 months access.
If you remember to cancel in the 12 month of the contract, you will not be charged for another 12 months at the regular price.
Vegas Pro 365 gives you access to the current version and any new versions that maybe released in the 12 month period.
This means that if you subscribed today, you will get immediate access to Vegas Pro 17 when it is released before the end of the year.

Magix has slowly been adding the subscription option to many of their programs.
There are some incredible deals and savings to be made when you choose this option.
I try my best to publish the BEST DEALS for VEGAS and MAGIX programs here at Movie Studio Zen.
Often I get access to better deals than what is publicly available - I use special links for these offers on my Deals page.
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie
22 Jun 2019 15:45 #3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 50
  • Karma: 7
  • Thank you received: 46

Replied by Robbie on topic Will waiting for Vegas 17 upgrade price, be advantageous instead of Vegas 16 upgrade now?

Thanks Dr Zen. Hope all is well (a wish not a question!)
cheers
Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawaiianEye
22 Jun 2019 21:48 #4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

 

MSZ Security

Positive SSL

Back to top