VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Is there a way to only have my chosen subclips in the project media folder?

Do many, long, video clips, need to be loaded into the project media bin, before they can be split into subclips?
I'm using the Trimmer, to do this. Thus, attempting not to be clogging the timeline with miles of video.
I'm trying to separate the short edited subclips, from their 5 min parent clip, which are also taking up room in the project media bin.
Can I save the subclips to another project media folder? Sounds good to me, but I can't easily find the menu to do this.
I have around 20, 5 min parent clips to be trimmed. This is drone video, taken over many days.
At the moment I'm using Vegas Pro 14.
I have a feeling this probobly can be done using the assorted media bins, but I can't find a step by step tutorial on youtube.
Last Edit:01 Jul 2019 14:58 by HawaiianEye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Coe,

Most likely there are several ways you can manager your sub-clips. I would not want to remove or delete my originals from the Media Bin, but I understand you wanting to cleanup the selection. I don't have VP14, but in VP15, you can create a bin (I'll call it 'Subclips' for this example) under the 'Media Bins' folder. Then when you load a clip from the 'All Media' bin into the trimmer, and save a sub-clip, it will go to the 'All Media' bin, you grab that sub-clip and drop it into the 'Subclip' bin folder. When you are done creating your sub-clips, select the 'Subclip' bin folder and only your sub-clips will be displayed. You can also be creative with the name you assign your sub-clips, for example give them a prefix such as 'A-', and all the 'A-' sub-clips will display in alphabetical order in any of the bins you store them in.

Other members or Derek may have a more elegant solution.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thanks so much, my friend. Good deal! And That's what I was looking for.
It's like, "Say! That's what those bin are for! They put them there on purpose!" LOL! Thanks again George!!
Last Edit:03 Jul 2019 15:57 by HawaiianEye
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.758 seconds