Question I have noticed that my videos recorded in 50p are a little bit darker than 50i?

• Thank you received: 0

I have noticed that my videos recorded in 50p are a little bit darker than 50i? was created by Virdi

Hi all,

Sorry, this might be another newbie question.

I am going through all my videos and currently in the process of uploading them to YouTube.

What I have noticed is that 50p footage does all show darker.? Am I imagining this? or does this happen when you record in higher FPS?

Thanks
Virdi
07 Jan 2020 18:03 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1349

Replied by DoctorZen on topic I have noticed that my videos recorded in 50p are a little bit darker than 50i?

Hi Virdi

Higher frame rate 50p video should not look darker than 50i.

Any 50i videos you imported into Vegas, should have been rendered as 25p for YouTube.
If you rendered the 50i videos as 50p, they may have shifted slightly in some way, because 25x fake frames would have been created by Vegas to double the frame rate to 50p.

Please note that once you upload any video to YouTube, it can look like it has shifted in colour/brightness, due to YouTube high re-compression rates.
Also, any video you play back in a media player on your computer, may look different in colour/brightness/contrast.
Most media players like VLC, Windows Media Player, Cyberlink PowerDVD, all add their own "secret sauce", which can shift the colours slighly.

To get the best looking video that is consistent in colour/brightness, you should add colour correction to all your videos and also make the levels "broadcast safe" before you render each video with Vegas. I recommend you read/watch this tutorial on the basics of Colour Correction with Vegas Pro.

www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/526-colour-correction-tools-sony-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
08 Jan 2020 09:21 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.