VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved HitFilm Movie Essentials

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

HitFilm Movie Essentials was created by BobH

Posted 25 Aug 2020 22:07 #1
Hello folks,

I have VP15, VP16 and VP17 on my PC. In both VP15 and VP16 under Video FX I have listed the HitFilm Movie Essentials pack available and working fine. In VP17 they are not listed as being available so is there are reason for this? It was installed prior to upgrading to VP17.

I have uninstalled the pack and then reinstalled it again. Once again it is available in VP15 and VP16 but not in VP17. Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks
BobH
Last Edit:27 Aug 2020 07:59 by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic HitFilm Movie Essentials

Posted 26 Aug 2020 07:57 #2
From Vegas Pro 17 onward, Magix has changed the way all 3rd party FX work in the program.
This means that ALL 3rd party FX made by ALL 3rd party software vendors for Vegas Pro 16 or older, will no longer work in the latest versions of Vegas Pro.

Unless an update was released by Hitfilm, that pack will never work now in the newer versions of Vegas Pro.

All 3rd party FX makers were made aware of the changes 12 months before they were implemented.
All 3rd party FX makers now have newer versions of the plugins for Vegas Pro.

If you want access to the same FX in Vegas Pro, the only way I know of is to buy Hitfilm Ignite.
Ignite Pro includes every Video Effect that Hitfilm makes.
fxhome.com/ignite-pro
If you subscribe to the Hitfilm Newsletter, you can get a notification when they have their next sale.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Aug 2020 08:00 by DoctorZen

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by BobH on topic HitFilm Movie Essentials

Posted 26 Aug 2020 23:25 #3
Once again thank you for your help and prompt reply Derek. So thanks to Magix it seems the pack will no longer work in the later version of VEGAS Pro. I will try and contact HitFilm and see what they have to say.

Thanks again.

BobH
by BobH

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by BobH on topic HitFilm Movie Essentials

Posted 27 Aug 2020 22:24 #4
Hi again,

So HitFilm came back to me with the same information as you Derek and basically 'sorry you will need to purchase Ignite' as you say. It would have been helpful for Magix to let us know about these changes before we upgrade to a new version. I would probably have upgraded anyway as there are several new features in VP17.

Thanks again
BobH
by BobH

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.741 seconds