VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas OFX Presets

Vegas OFX Presets was created by trevorc

Posted 10 Nov 2020 08:43 #1
Question for you?
Where can I find cropping presets I saved to move to a new computer?
For example, when cropping a specific way from clicking "save". Similar to ofx presets with video fx. Where can these be found?
Any help is appreciated!! (Vegas Pro 17) (Not keyframe movements just cropping single positions)
Last Edit:10 Nov 2020 13:19 by trevorc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas OFX Presets

Posted 10 Nov 2020 14:09 #2
Presets are saved in various locations, depending on what type of custom preset it is and which version of Vegas created it.
Since making this FAQ below, some of the information have changed with newer versions of Vegas.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/572-how-do-i-backup-my-custom-presets

OFX presets (like Video FX) are saved automatically to Documents/OFX Presets in Windows.

Event Pan/Crop and Track Motion custom presets are saved in the Windows Registry.
You need to be very careful when exporting and importing registry keys.

Vegas Pro 17 keys for Event Pan/Crop and Track Motion are saved here.
Type "regedit" in Windows search box and open registry.
Navigate to this folder:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Sony Creative Software\VEGAS Pro\17.0\Metrics\Application

I have never personally imported this registry folder into a new install of Windows.
The folder "Application" contains keys for other elements as well - I'm not sure if these can copied into a different computer - technically speaking it should be OK, but I'm just mentioning this out of an abundance of caution.

Right-click Application folder and select Export.
Move file onto new computer, then double-click to install.

I would recommend installing the free version of CCleaner and doing a backup of the Windows Registry on your new computer, before you attempt to import keys from the old computer.
www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Dec 2020 10:31 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.546 seconds