VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important Vegas Pro crashing when importing .m2ts videos with 5.1 Surround Sound AC-3 audio streams

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
There is a known bug with .MTS and .M2TS video files that contain 5.1 Surround Sound AC-3 audio streams.
Bug was caused by an update to Windows 10 and it affected all of the following programs:
Vegas Pro 17
Vegas Pro 18
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17

*I did extensive testing and found that all older versions of Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum are un-affected by this bug!

Updates for VP17 (build #455) and VP18 (build #527) have already been released and are available here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/news-forum/patches/

An update will be released for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 very, very soon.
As soon as it is released, I will post a link to the update here!

Unfortunately I have been told that MAGIX is not going to fix Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.
So if you are a VMSP16 owner and experiencing this problem, you will have to upgrade to VMSP17, once the patch is released.

Personally I don't quite understand why they would not do the honourable thing and fix VMSP16 as well??? 

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:12 May 2021 14:11 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.665 seconds