VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved HDR Mode Project Setting

HDR Mode Project Setting was created by Oleg - NC

Posted 04 Nov 2021 01:04 #1
Greetings, Derek.
I wonder what is your opinion on setting HDR Mode at Vegas Edit 
Project Settings dialog to HDR 10 or HLG?
The question of real value comes to mind.
Are there any real life benefits to it for the general audience that probably doesn't use HDR monitors and to what degree does that setting affect computer resource utilization.

Thank you!

Last Edit:04 Nov 2021 12:39 by Oleg - NC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic HDR Mode Project Setting

Posted 04 Nov 2021 12:50 #2
Hi Oleg

I am not the biggest expert on HDR video, because I don't have a camera that can shoot HDR video.
For most everyday users, it would be best to leave HDR set to OFF, unless you know what you are doing.
If you own a professional grade video camera that records HDR video, then yes you would turn on this setting.

Because my knowledge on this topic is extremely limited, I recommend you ask this question on the official Vegas Pro Forums here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/

I also recommend you download a read this document, that explains some of the newest features in Vegas Pro 19.
For numerous reasons, the Help Files for Vegas Pro 19 are not up to date at the moment, so this document has been created to fill the void until the official files are updated.
Download link is on the page.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-19-new-feature-descriptions--132372/

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:48 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds