VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Closed captioning

Closed captioning was created by kiwihans

Posted 29 Oct 2014 09:12 #1
Just recently, I have begun to experience problems with my system wanting to use "Closed Captioning". This tends to slow rendering down considerably. Do I really need closed captioning? How can I get rid of it??

My system: Vegas Pro 13, Windows 64bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Closed captioning

Posted 29 Oct 2014 13:26 #2
Where did your original video come from ?
I noticed this problem myself after I downloaded video from U-Stream.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by kiwihans on topic Closed captioning

Posted 29 Oct 2014 13:51 #3
Hi Derek: A customer gave me a DV tape to capture and transfer to a DVD. So I did the capturing in Vegas which of course resulted in a regular AVI file. I then rendered it with Vegas to MPG2 as I normally do.

I usually work with silent 8mm movies. This time this was a regular DV movie with sound - maybe herein lies the difference. I find it strange though that I have never come up with "closed captioning" when I was using Vegas Pro 8................

I have done a lot of looking for the answer - there are suggestions how to put closed captioning in, but not how to get rid of it!

Replied by altarvic on topic Closed captioning

Posted 29 Oct 2014 23:31 #4
Hold down the Shift key and click Options > Preferences.
Now, open Internal tab and enter Closed into the search box.
Change Enable scanning for closed caption from TRUE to FALSE.
Click OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Closed captioning

Posted 30 Oct 2014 00:02 #5
Thanks for that tip altarvic :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by kiwihans on topic Closed captioning

Posted 30 Oct 2014 06:09 #6
Thanks for the great tip Altarvic. Without it I would have been looking for weeks and still not found it!
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 00:06 by kiwihans

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.936 seconds