VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas stops working upon closing program

Vegas stops working upon closing program was created by NashvilleSideStreets

Posted 02 May 2022 07:18 #1
Suddenly whenever I close Vegas Pro 19 I get a "Problem Report" window that says "Vegas Pro has stopped working." This happens even if nothing was going on in Vegas--no editing, rendering, adding FX--nothing, not even an open project. I have sent info to Magix twice now through that window's Send button. It says it takes all the info from the program to send to Magix. I have still not heard back from Magix. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone have a clue how to stop this?

Now NewBlueFX won't open at all and, when I try to open BCC Primatte Studio, the same thing happens--"Vegas Pro has stopped working." I guess I will also contact support for both these programs....Any clues would also be appreciated....Thank you!
Last Edit:09 May 2022 16:35 by NashvilleSideStreets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas stops working upon closing program

Posted 02 May 2022 16:47 #2
Hi NashvilleSideStreets

Both of these problems are completely unrelated.

The problem with Vegas Pro crashing if you open it and close it, with nothing in it, happens to a lot of people, including myself.
The solution is to not do this, because it is kind of pointless, although I do share your frustration.
If you go to Project / Save As and save an Untitled project, it stops Vegas from crashing with nothing in it.

It would be better if you posted a question about this problem on the official Vegas Pro forum here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/

Boris Continuum FX are not crashing in Vegas Pro 19 on my computer.
No other users have reported this problem.

If it is happening with an existing project, there maybe a corruption in the Vegas project file.
Start a new test project and see if Primatte Studio works in that.

Have you tried deleting the Vegas Pro temporary files folder (cache) ?
Open Vegas and go to Options / Preferences / General
Copy folder address at bottom of window.
Close Vegas Pro.
Open Documents on your computer.
Paste address into File Explorer address bar at top.
Delete everything in folder.
Re-open Vegas Pro and try to use Primatte Studio - does it work now ?

If Vegas produces are error report when this happens, please tick the boxes in error report that mention about showing extra information.
Then copy everything inside the white box and paste into a reply here on the forum.

If you had older Boris FX Units installed and your computer, before you installed the newer Primatte Studio Unit, there may be old Boris code causing a problem.
I would recommend doing a deep removal of all Boris FX and then re-installing from a fresh download.
I use Revo Uninstaller to do deep removal of problem programs.
www.revouninstaller.com/
Download free version.
Uninstall Boris FX using Revo.
After uninstall, it will do a folder scan.
Select all folders found and delete.
It will then do a 2nd folder scan.
Select new set of folders and delete.
Close Revo.

Now reinstall Boris FX Units.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic Vegas stops working upon closing program

Posted 05 May 2022 08:50 #3
Thank you so much, Dr. Zen. I will follow your instructions and see if it all works.

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic Vegas stops working upon closing program

Posted 09 May 2022 14:32 #4
Thank you so much! Everything is working now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas stops working upon closing program

Posted 09 May 2022 16:37 #5
Thanks for reporting back 

I have personally found that Revo Uninstaller is an invaluable tool for fixing "unfixable" problems.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds