VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Blur Block for License Plates

Blur Block for License Plates was created by pdsmediaservices

Posted 04 May 2022 10:23 #1
I'm using an older version, Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 so I may not have the functionality the rest of you enjoy. I was hoping to come up with a solution for this.

I'm trying to find a way to create a blur object so I can put it over a license plate while it's moving in the video.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Blur Block for License Plates

Posted 06 May 2022 19:47 #2
It's much easier to do in Vegas Pro, however you can still do it in Vegas Movie Studio.

A long time ago I created a tutorial using on this topic, using Vegas Pro.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/vegas-pro/557-sony-vegas-zen-tips-7-pixelate-conceal
You should be able to adapt it to MSP13.
Instead of using the Masking Tool, replace it with Cookie Cutter Video FX.
Select a shape from the Preset drop-down list, then re-size and position over area you need to blur out.

You will have to manually move the video forward frame by frame and add key-frames to track the shape.

If you upgraded to Vegas Edit 19, it's much easier to do.
You can use the Motion Tracking plugin to track number plates, which will automatically create key-frames for you.
A extra super upgrade discount of only $70.99 just became active.
zen3.me/us-vegas-upgrades
Upgrade also comes with proDADs ViteScene V4 Pro FX and Transitions package, valued at $699, which you get for free!

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.757 seconds