VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Editing an entire sound track in Vegas Pro

Editing an entire sound track in Vegas Pro was created by huskereurocat

Posted 03 Jul 2022 00:59 #1
I have been able to figure out how to edit individual sound clips via the Sound Editor (I have Audacity set in the preferences), but I was wondering if it was possible to edit an entire sound track via the sound editor function. I'm just trying to get my recordings to sound a little more like some of these podcasts. You know how they have really good sound. I know that most of them have professional audio equipment, but I was wondering if there is a less expensive alternative. Obviously won't sound like the real thing, but just trying to get better sound than what I have.  Opening up 100+ clips via the sound editor tool and listening to them in Audacity isn't the answer. Any thoughts? 
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:04 Jul 2022 13:26 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Editing an entire sound track in Vegas Pro

Posted 03 Jul 2022 11:51 #2
If your editing is finalised I'd export the entire audio as a wav file and open that in Audacity where you can work on it.

What does your audio consist of and in what way does it need improving?   Can you give us a link to one of the "podcasts" you refer to.
by ericlnz

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Editing an entire sound track in Vegas Pro

Posted 04 Jul 2022 02:47 #3
Thanks for the tip.   I'm just trying to make my recording sound a little fuller  and not so tinny, if that makes sense. 

Podcast example:  

One of my recordings: 
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Editing an entire sound track in Vegas Pro

Posted 04 Jul 2022 13:52 #4
For many years, the audio plugins of choice that I use for all my videos come from iZotope.
iZotope makes some of the best audio plugins you can get.
A couple of times during each year, iZotope does some BIG sales events - one is on right now for 4th July.

I recommend all Vegas users get iZotope Elements Suite as the starting point for good audio.
This includes 4x plugins: Ozone Elements, Neutron Elements, Nectar Elements and RX Elements.
These tools are for mixing, mastering and audio repair - most of them will work directly in Vegas and Sound Forge Audio Studio & Sound Forge Pro.
The Elements Suite is $199 at the moment, but I have seen it on sales for $50, like during Black Friday Sales events.
www.izotope.com/en/products/elements-suite.html

After explaining all of that, here is the deal I recommend you check out right now!
Scroll to the bottom of this page: www.izotope.com/en/shop/deals.html
Check out the iZotope Community Appreciation Bundle - this is a special one off deal for 4th of July.
This bundle includes everything the iZotope Elements Suite plus 11 extra plugins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Price is only $50!!! Normally $2500.
Get this bundle now is my recommendation.

iZotope products come with a universal installer application.
This is what will install and activate most of the plugins.

If you decide to buy this bundle, this is what you need to do, to get most of these plugins working in Vegas Pro.
Open Vegas Pro and go to Options/Preferences/VST Effects
Make sure these pathways are entered into address 1 & 2.
1. C:\Program Files\VSTplugins\
2. C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\

Last thing.
RX Elements is an audio repair application.
It is split into 2 parts.
1. Individual plugins for Vegas and your Sound Editor of choice
2. And a standalone spectral waveform editor.

Sometimes the Standalone editor does not install onto your Windows Desktop.
To force the install (after program is installed), go to this address:
C:\Program Files\iZotope\RX 8 Audio Editor\win64
Right-click iZotope RX 8 Audio Editor.exe and pin to Windows Start and/or your Desktop.

I don't have nay tutorials for iZotope products, however iZotope has a library of tutorials on their website and many tutorials on YouTube.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.746 seconds