VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved new Vegas Edit user can't use render template without internet connection

Hello again Dr Zen! 'The Old Wndsrfr' here, back after successfully building my new PC, and purchasing/installing Vegas Pro Edit. My build specs are below.

I am VERY happy with the new PC, and with my upgrade from Movie Studio Platinum 12 to Pro 19 Edit! Even without a dedicated GPU (possible future purchase), my timeline preview playback is smooth as silk, editing full HD video at BEST/full preview settings, AND using an outboard full-screen preview monitor. Smooth timeline playback was my #1 priority for the upgrade, so I am very pleased. I was also happy to discover that render times using the 'MAGIX AVC/AAC' QSV template have been close to the same time it takes to play back the rendered file! Incredible - I'm not used to that at all! So far, so good.

My only issue so far is: when I tried to use the only other MAGIX AVC/AAC template, the non-QSV version, I get a pop-up window that tells me I am not connected to the internet. Why do I need an internet connection to render a file using one version of a template but not the other? I'm especially concerned about this because I specifically purchased the 'stand-alone' version of the software so I could work undisturbed offline, without being slowed down (or worse) for the seemingly constant (and un-requested) Windows 10 upgrades!! I tried the QSV template a second time, and it rendered the file the same as it did before, without an internet connection. But every time I try to render using the non-QSV template, I get the same 'no internet connection' pop-up, and no further. Can anyone please explain what's going on? Is there some kind of 'one-time only' internet connection requirement that I don't know about? Will I ever be completely free to use Pro Edit offline?

Thanks Dr Zen, for hosting this forum, and also thanks to whoever can assist me with this. My new PC specs:

case -                                 Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
CPU -                                 i7-12700 (non K)
motherboard -                    MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
memory -                           Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz (2x 16GB's)
system drives -                  Seagate FireCuda 530 NVME SSD   500GB (C:) programs and OS
(onboard M.2)                   Seagate FireCuda 530 NVME SSD        1TB (D:) project source and work files
                                          Samsung 870 QVO SATA SSD              2TB (E:) temporary and RENDERED files

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Probably a codec needs unlocking which is a once only operation.
by ericlnz

Eric is correct.
When you first install any version of Vegas and use it for the first time, you need to activate certain Codecs.
Once they are activated, you will never be asked again and can then keep your computer offline.

It's also a good idea to go online every couple of months, so that you can check for VEGAS program updates.
During the lifetime of VEGAS Edit 19, the developers have released a LARGE amount of new programs features and bug fixes.
The latest build version is #643 - go to Help/About to find what you have installed right now.
If you don't have #643, you can download from here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-19-build-643-update-5--135607/

Tip: If you are using Google Chrome, copy the download address and paste into new tab.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:08 Jul 2022 13:43 by DoctorZen

Sounds perfectly reasonable. And well within my policy of only staying connected long enough to accomplish whatever needs to be done online. So I will activate that codec soon, as well as check for the latest version of Vegas. I'd always planned to connect often enough to keep my new PC reasonably current with the latest updates to Windows 10, and I'll do the same for my copy of Pro Edit.

Thanks to you both for your prompt assistance!

The Old Wndsrfr

Last Edit:09 Jul 2022 14:35 by The Old Wndsrfr
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.938 seconds