VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VP20 - Motion Tracking - "Effect not found: VEGAS motion tracker"

As you can see, I have a problem with the motion tracker. 
This is my first time trying to use it and I'm pretty sure I'm doing things right, but it seems this error actually suggests the plugin is missing? 

PS. A full reset hasn't solved the problem, 
| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |
Last Edit:01 Nov 2022 18:21 by BlackSands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello BlackSands

Sorry for the delay in responding to your message.
I have been unwell for many weeks and haven't been online.

So you still need help with your problem?
If you would like help, please tell me what you are trying to do - be specific and tell me what Effects you want to to Track.

Motion Tracking is normally a two step process.
1. First you need to create a mask around the object you want to track, the press the Track Forward button to create your Key-Frames.
2. Secondly, you then apply the Tracked Key-Frames to the Effect you want to apply.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Hi Derek,
Sorry to hear you've been unwell, hopefully you're feeling much better now.

This is still an issue for me, but not with the process itself but rather the fact that I can't even proceed with creating a mask etc because of the error. 
Now, there have been some updates to the problem since this post.  I actually found someone else online who has reported the same issue and they discovered that Motion Tracking last worked for them in VP19(550).  Out of curiosity I installed that particular build and indeed motion tracking works!  But, not in any VP19 build since that release nor any build of VP20.  This does tend to suggest to me that something changed with this plugin after VP19(550) that is affecting some users.

I also have an open ticket with VEGAS support.  They got me to do a bunch of stuff, clean reinstalls etc etc.  But after nothing they suggested worked to resolve the issue they now seem to have stopped communicating.  I haven't heard back from them for a couple of weeks now.  So, in the meantime a workaround I have adopted for now is to keep VP19(550) installed, and I used that to do the motion tracking on the particular clip I was working on. I then rendered the result and then just imported the modified clip back into the original VP20 project.  Certainly, far from ideal of course but I was at least able to get the job done!

| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |
Last Edit:13 Dec 2022 19:31 by BlackSands

Update on this issue:  The very latest nVidia driver (527.56 - 8 Dec 22) has finally solved the problem!  

Hi BlackSands

Sorry for the delay in replying to your last message.
Thank you for posting the solution to your problem - I'm sure it will help other people out!

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Jan 2023 16:53 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlackSands

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.840 seconds