VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Changes made to timeline toolbar don't stay changed

Hello again, Vegas Pro Forum,
I've been using Vegas Pro 19 Edit for several months, now, but recently it has stopped showing my customized toolbar, only the 'default' icons. And nothing I try seems to make any difference.
The other 'main toolbar', which I also customize, has never had this problem. For a short while, during troubleshooting, the problem seemed to be 'fixed', but now it seems that the ability to customize my timeline toolbar has just been taken away permanently. What have I done wrong? I must have done something, because this wasn't ever a problem until now. Thanks in advance,

DonF
Vegas Pro 19, build 636
Windows 10 Home, build 21H2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by The Old Wndsrfr on topic Changes made to timeline toolbar don't stay changed

Posted 04 Dec 2022 09:55 #2
Has no one else seen this problem?! In any case, I have found the answer.
Through trial and error, I discovered that any combination of original icons AND/OR added 'separator' icons that ADDS UP TO 88 IN NUMBER OR MORE, WILL FAIL TO REPRODUCE THAT CUSTOMIZED TOOLBAR the next time Vegas Pro Edit 19.0 is started. Even if the custom, added icons 'train' is long enough to hide the embedded icons at the end of the timeline toolbar. As long as the total number of icons is 87 or less, the custom setting will be retained. Go to 88 icons or more, and it will not.
    At least, in my particular configuration, that is what I see.
I'm posting this in case anyone else has this problem. I REALLY appreciate the ability to customize that toolbar, as I, too, often get confused as to just what the status of the 'ripple edit' and 'ignore event groupings' settings are, when I'm deep into my edit.

And as always, thanks also to the Zen Meister for this very useful and helpful site!

DonF, The Old Wndsrfr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.677 seconds